Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 15, 2008

A prequel to the open-world first-person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Set a year before the events of the first game, Clear Sky follows a new character, Scar, through the Zone.

Mod question

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

Does anyone know if Stalker Complete for Clear Sky (latest April 2010 version) works with Atmosfear? Thanks. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Geno
    @The_Laughing_Man: It's an all around mod that improves textures and sounds, balances some parts of the game. 

You can read more about it here. I'm just interested to know if the weather reworkings of Atmosfear can work together with Complete mod.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Geno said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: It's an all around mod that improves textures and sounds, balances some parts of the game. 

You can read more about it here. I'm just interested to know if the weather reworkings of Atmosfear can work together with Complete mod. "
    How much more does it need to run? Like I can run stalker on high once and a wile lagging. 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Geno:  Probably not. You would surely need to merge some files. I recommend the program Beyond Compare to compare the two gamedata archives and see what clashes. Maybe somebody else made a patch that goes over them once both are installed by now. 

@The_Laughing_Man: Sadly it's nowhwere near as impressive or groundbreaking as regular Complete was for SoC.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Geno
    @MrKlorox said:
    @The_Laughing_Man: Sadly it's nowhwere near as impressive or groundbreaking as regular Complete was for SoC. "
    Yeah, but then again it's trying to improve a game running on the most inefficient engine in the world so what do you expect lol. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Geno said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    @The_Laughing_Man: Sadly it's nowhwere near as impressive or groundbreaking as regular Complete was for SoC. "
    Yeah, but then again it's trying to improve a game running on the most inefficient engine in the world so what do you expect lol.  "
    Did they fix the rain effects not working on all graphics cards? 

And how much more does this mod pull from your computer? 
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Geno
    @The_Laughing_Man: I'm not far enough into the game to tell yet. The mod as far as I can tell barely affects performance. The main issue is the base engine that the game runs on, which is more demanding than Crysis and doesn't look half as good. If you have experience with SoC, Clear Sky is about twice as demanding - and with no AA at that :/ 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Geno said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: I'm not far enough into the game to tell yet. The mod as far as I can tell barely affects performance. The main issue is the base engine that the game runs on, which is more demanding than Crysis and doesn't look half as good. If you have experience with SoC, Clear Sky is about twice as demanding - and with no AA at that :/  "
    O then. I can run Stalker on High pretty well. So I should be fine. 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Geno:  Not sure if you saw this edit above: 

If it's just the weather effects you want you can try adding the \gamedata\config\weathers and gamedata\textures\ Atmosfear folders to the Complete counterparts and seeing how that does. Of course, as always copy/back up your existing gamedata folder. Environmental sound might be somewhat trickier and require merging lines in ltx files.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Geno
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @Geno:  Not sure if you saw this edit above:    If it's just the weather effects you want you can try adding the Atmosfear files to the \gamedata\config\weathers and gamedata\textures\ folders of Complete and seeing how that does. Of course, as always copy/back up your existing gamedata folder. Environmental sound might be somewhat trickier and require merging lines in ltx files. "
    I'll try to do that after I've backed up my files, thanks for the tips. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.