Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 15, 2008

A prequel to the open-world first-person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Set a year before the events of the first game, Clear Sky follows a new character, Scar, through the Zone.

Wont Work at att

FiestaGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FiestaGear

i bought the game through steam. looks like it was a horrid decision to make. i can even install the game. every time i try to run it . i get the message, a window pops up saying Xrengine-@ctiv - server communication error : An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.   WTF does that mean and why can i install the game. if this doesnt work im going to demand a refund.  PLS help

FiestaGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FiestaGear

Wow thanks for the help so far lol. ive seen this thread in multiple other fourms but still nobody has responded to them . i have reinstalled the game several times but all i can get is the local content, but i cant unlock the game beacuse it keeps shutting down every time i try to verify the online cd key. i assume the reason nobody has posted a reply beacuse i dont think there is a way to solve this problem. i ve sent multiple complaint emails but stalkers publisher hasnt gotten back to me and steam support just keeps telling me to go to them. i mean wtf just give me a dam refund. ive heard that they dont give refunds to games bought online from a 3rd party, but the game wont even unlock, that is a defective product and i'm not going to pay for somthing that isnt going to work at all.

Daeica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Daeica

I feel for you, sadly I can't give you much of a helping hand. Bought the game retail because I like the box sitting next to the original game. However, from what you're saying, there's not much you can do but to continue doing just that, complain until they buckle or help you with the problem. It's a really good game, and it's a shame that their cockups are preventing you from expriencing it, but I'd not let that discourage you from playing the game if/when they get it to work, though if they don't you should definetly get a refund, however CSC probably aren't the ones that's going to give it back to you. Not sure what Steams EULA states about refunds, might be worth checking into.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.