Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 20, 2007

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl is a First-Person-Shooter with many Role Playing elements. It's set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone after a second fictional explosion in the not too distant future. It is known for its atmosphere and relatively difficult gameplay.

Stalker on Steam

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stalker was on sale last weekend for $5 via Steam, and who can pass up the promises of such savings? It's a real change of pace from other shooters. It's like Oblivion meets Far Cry 2 with a dash of old school difficulty and impressive AI. The first mission really makes you feel like you earned your reward. I look forward to playing it more over this winter vacation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalker was on sale last weekend for $5 via Steam, and who can pass up the promises of such savings? It's a real change of pace from other shooters. It's like Oblivion meets Far Cry 2 with a dash of old school difficulty and impressive AI. The first mission really makes you feel like you earned your reward. I look forward to playing it more over this winter vacation.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Amen, brother.

I think it's probably the best open-world shooter I've ever played.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

I downloaded it at the weekend and I've dabbled with it once or twice (I'm not much of a PC gamer). Gotta admit, I like what I've played so far.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush
    dankempster said:
    "I downloaded it at the weekend and I've dabbled with it once or twice (I'm not much of a PC gamer). Gotta admit, I like what I've played so far."
    It's the kind of game that may turn you into a PC gamer...especially if you mess with some of the mods.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a question:

What does the "handling" stat mean on the guns? The other statistics are pretty self explanatory but I'm having trouble understanding what "handling" does. Is it kickback? Is it how often the gun jams?

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

Only one issue, I tried multi with this and every server's using the unofficially official 1.0006 patch. Steam's version is patched to the official 1.0005 patch. You'll have to do some...working around if you want multi.

Mercanis said:

"Here's a question:
    What does the "handling" stat mean on the guns? The other statistics are pretty self explanatory but I'm having trouble understanding what "handling" does. Is it kickback? Is it how often the gun jams?

"
    I believe it means recoil as well as your walking speed with the weapon out and speed while sighted-in.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By artofwar420

It's really a shame not many people have played it, sure it has its hurdles, but once you get past that you've got an stellar game.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lunarbunny

Yeah, I played my brother's copy (reason why I haven't yet played multi) twice through. I haven't tried Oblivion Lost or any other mods yet though.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By atejas
    Mercanis said:
    The first mission really makes you feel like you earned your reward. I look forward to playing it more over this winter vacation."
    The first mission is nothing. The game really picks up after Agropom.
    ingodwetrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ingodwetrust

Totally one of my favorite games, what a steal at $5.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By justinnotjason

I'm in the middle of playing it. It's kind of picking up, I just hope it picks up more soon because it was pretty boring in the very beginning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.