STEAM Weekend Dead - Only $5

#1 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
#2 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Shame it wasn't the newer one, but I'll still buy this!

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Schizoid said:
"Shame it wasn't the newer one, but I'll still buy this!"
I think it's still pretty early for Clear Sky to go on sale like this, but plenty of people missed out on this game and now they have a chance to pick it up for cheap.
#4 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -

I myself went ahead and just purchased it as well. I always meant to get around to trying this out since I was always really intrigued by the premise, so now that I have a computer which can run it really nicely and a bargain price to go with the game, I can't say no to this.

Much obliged for noticing this, Kush.
#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would buy this(and I did as my first official STEAM purchase) even if I didn't have a PC that could run it at the moment.

#6 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

thanks for the heads up man
ill be gettin it =)

#7 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

IF YOU DONT OWN IT ALREADY BUY THIS.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Rowr said:
"IF YOU DONT OWN IT ALREADY BUY THIS."
Or if you own the boxed copy(like myself) go ahead and buy it again! ...What the hell right?
#9 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
Kush said:
"Rowr said:
Or if you own the boxed copy(like myself) go ahead and buy it again! ...What the hell right?"
Sure?

saves putting the disc in the drive.
#10 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
Kush said:
"I would buy this(and I did as my first official STEAM purchase) even if I didn't have a PC that could run it at the moment."
I made it run on a Radeon 9600 and 1.0Ghz Athlon.
Great game. :)

Havn't finished it. Waiting for my new lappy.
#11 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

I actually pirated this game to see how it would run, played it for 5 mins, but the frameraste was far too low for me to justify it at £40 but $5 after a video card upgrade, Jesus I love Steam, purchase!

#12 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

That's a hell good price for a game of that age.

#13 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

I thought this was incredibly negative at first, not ragging on the typo on "deal" either, I seriously thought the "dead" was some kind of crazy shit that was happening on steam over the weekend and was about to flip out >.< Anyway ya I saw this deal, its a amazing damn steal for this game.

#14 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Holy Pooper! I did make a typo...I guess that's what happens when you're excited and just about woke up at 6 in the morning :P

#15 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Just downloaded the game worth it, not to bad not to bad a t all.

#16 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
SSbabel said:
"Just downloaded the game worth it, not to bad not to bad a t all."
I recommend checking out some of the mods for the game as well...there are some good ones out there.
#17 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -
Kush said:
"SSbabel said:
I recommend checking out some of the mods for the game as well...there are some good ones out there."
Cheers for the advice, ill check em out. Know a good place to find em?
#18 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

thanks for the heads up.
i didn't know that

#19 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

when i was playing it i put on darker nights, more realistic ai, better headlights.

Those mods alone made the atmosphere incredible.

But there are some incredible mods with tons of content.

I would recommend adding some slighter mods first as not to deviate to much from the intended game, then on the second playthrough add one of the bigger ones. The ABC mod, oblivion lost etc.

#20 Posted by Torrim (327 posts) -

Even though it has its flaws and is ridiculously hard toward the end of the game unless you're a crack shot and a gun expert, it's easily worth the 5$ to at least explore the world a little and shoot some dudes in the face.  And I thought I got it for a steal at $30...

#21 Edited by Rowr (5474 posts) -
SSbabel said:
"Kush said:
"SSbabel said:
I recommend checking out some of the mods for the game as well...there are some good ones out there."
Cheers for the advice, ill check em out. Know a good place to find em?"
http://stalker.filefront.com/
#22 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

Nice find, I've been looking for an excuse to get this game.

#23 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Before I spring for this great deal, does anyone know how good of a video card it requires? I have an NVIDIA Geforce 7150M, for reference.

#24 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

the game totally worth it

#26 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Ooo, I think I am going to pick this one up.

#27 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2102 posts) -

Yeah, I already own this, bought it the day it came out.

#28 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

Is it that good? 

#29 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
Dark_Shadow said:
"Is it that good? "
Yes.
#30 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Dark_Shadow said:
"Is it that good? "
One of, if not the, best game this gen.
#31 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
atejas said:
"Dark_Shadow said:
"Is it that good? "
One of, if not the, best game this gen."
I wouldn't exactly go that far, but I would say that it's the best open-world shooter/action/rpg/thing that I've ever played.
#32 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -
Rowr said:
"SSbabel said:
"Kush said:
"SSbabel said:
Cheers for the advice, ill check em out. Know a good place to find em?"
http://stalker.filefront.com/"
Yeah, check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. forum, there's a couple of good threads in there.

I picked this up last night, but have yet to play it.  I was waiting to buy it, so why not buy it when it's this cheap?  I love Steam Weekend Deals.
#33 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -
MisterSpiffy said:
I picked this up last night, but have yet to play it.  I was waiting to buy it, so why not buy it when it's this cheap?  I love Steam Weekend Deals."
Yeah, I love them too.
#34 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
MisterSpiffy said:
"I picked this up last night, but have yet to play it.  I was waiting to buy it, so why not buy it when it's this cheap?  I love Steam Weekend Deals."
You can't help but love the weekend deals...it's a great business plan too. It makes everyone come check steam every weekend to see the deal...and maybe people may browse and pick something else up at the same time.
#35 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

Just bought it. Steam's weekend deals are, indeed, pretty rad.

#36 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

STEAM WEEKEND IS DEAD?!?!?!  ZO NOES!!!

It will be truly missed... = (

In all seriousness, though...sweet ass deal.  STALKER is the shit.
#37 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

Saw the deal this morning and cursed myself for having such a crappy PC gaming wise.

#38 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Kush said:
"Rowr said:
Or if you own the boxed copy(like myself) go ahead and buy it again! ...What the hell right?"
  right , lol
#39 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.