Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Franchise »

A post-apocalyptic FPS series set in the area surrounding the Chernobyl accident site. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, and Robbers.

It pains me that I can't play these games. Are there port plans?

• 65 results
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By BiggerBomb
    xruntime said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Alright, let's say you upgrade once over the course of two years.

$1,200 + $50 (Let's go with 6 games?) = $1,500.

Xbox 360 = $400
    HDTV= $700
    +_____________

$1,100
    $60(6)
    +_____

$1,460. That is a small difference not even worth mentioning, however, subtract the HDTV from the equation and you have

$760. Why subract the TV? TV's cross generations, I do not need a new one to play new games. My TV will last me from now until nearly the end of next generation.

I'm not talking shit to PC gamers, I'm saying it is more expensive and inconvienent than I feel is necessary. On top of that, I prefer console gaming.

/shrug"
    But you can't compare the 360 and the PC without taking into consideration that you use a PC for much more - word processing, internet, work, school, chatting, social networking, etc. etc.

What about my calculation above  - the one in which I did not count the TV, just as you did, and I did not count the computer you inevitably already have, and because most people buy Dells or HPs, I took into account their average requirements.
    "

I don't need to spend that much money for a fast connection and Microsoft Word. I'm not asserting that my console is superior to your PC, I am stating one of my reasons for not committing to PC gaming. Regardless, taking finance out of the equation I still prefer to play on the Xbox 360. It's my preference.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Black_Rose
    Levio91 said:
    "kid you must have a computer in order to get on the internet so play the fucking game retard."
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By pause422

Levio...you make yourself look worse everytime you post.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Black_Rose said:
    "Levio91 said:
    "kid you must have a computer in order to get on the internet so play the fucking game retard."
    "
    lol'd
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    "Levio91 said:
    "
    lol'd"

I second your lol. Levio91 is the single most retarded user in this community.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By atejas

Sorry to necropost, but I just realised the real reason.
    You can't quicksave with consoles. Anyone who's played STALKER would know what I'm talking about.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By OmegaPirate
    atejas said:
    "Sorry to necropost, but I just realised the real reason.
    You can't quicksave with consoles. Anyone who's played STALKER would know what I'm talking about."
    Yeah stalker should be quicksaved every 4.5 minutes religiously, man its pretty necessary for those games
    DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By DARKIDO07
    Demilich said:
    "Get a job, faggot."
    Maybe he will get a job when you stop being a bigot. :|
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Geno

Both games suck ass, you're not missing out trust me.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Jayge_
    Geno said:
    "Both games suck ass, you're not missing out trust me."
    Both games kick ass, he's missing out on quite a bit.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

BiggerBomb said:
    "Alright, let's say you upgrade once over the course of two years.

$1,200 + $50 (Let's go with 6 games?) = $1,500.

Xbox 360 = $400
    HDTV= $700
    +_____________

$1,100
    $60(6)
    +_____

$1,460. That is a small difference not even worth mentioning, however, subtract the HDTV from the equation and you have

$760. Why subract the TV? TV's cross generations, I do not need a new one to play new games. My TV will last me from now until nearly the end of next generation.

I'm not talking shit to PC gamers, I'm saying it is more expensive and inconvienent than I feel is necessary. On top of that, I prefer console gaming.

/shrug"

Do you live in Australia or something? I just replaced most of the parts in my computer (motherboard, graphics card, processor, power supply) for $600. That's about $2100 in the past five years, including my monitor and input devices. How much money did your family waste away on that HDTV?

And the PC is easier to develop for, especially for new or smaller players. Just checking, all of GSCs games have been for PC, and I've only heard of the last two. If they're willing to suck Microsoft/Sonys dick (pay the fee, submit to their demands) and work with inferior hardware for more potential sales, you may see future GSC games for console. If not, you wont. Whining to these shit-heads isn't going to help. It probably helps if the company is incorporated.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm not really sure, but spending $1500 to upgrade a gaming pc dosent sound realistic, that would mean building an entirely new rig every 2 years when I know pc gamers who only need to upgrade they're GPU every once in a while, but eventually yes a new rig is whats required.

If you build smart your rig can last a good amount of time, but $1500 dollars every 2 years? That just dosn't seem to add up unless your a PC gaming enthusiast.

-this reminds me of another guy saying it takes a $5000 dollar pc to run games like Bioshock or COD which is way way waaaayy off.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BiggerBomb

This topic did not need to be resurrected. A mod should definitely lock this.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Holy crap.  And I totally messaged you, Bigger, about it without even reading the time signatures. 

Wowzers.  I feel awesome about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

BiggerBomb said:
    "

This topic did not need to be resurrected. A mod should definitely lock this.

"

Monitors, RAM, cases, hard drives, disk drives, and power supplies can generally be used for as long or longer than that fancy TV you wasted a fortune on. I intend on re-using all that shit with my next upgrade. In the long run, the difference in price is negligible.

Old arguments are fun, though I seem to have completely fucked up my last argument by misreading your post or something. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.