S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV show!?

#1 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

YES. It seems to be real, so far as anyone knows. Here's the trailer:

#2 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

Saw this on Rock Paper Shotgun this morning. Seems kinda dumb to be honest. As big a fan as I am of the series, I can do without a TV series.

#3 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

hopefully the series will be one show long, and consist of ten minutes of dialogue then the protagonist runs into an anomaly.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

How odd!

Wonder what it will turn out to be.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@beej: I'm just hoping we get a "get out of here STALKER"
#6 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3484 posts) -

I think the setting and general atmosphere of the Stalker series would make for a great TV show^^

#7 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

It's not really that odd.  The game is based on movie called STALKER which in turn is based on a book.   Roadside Picnic.  Look it up.  It would be a great TV show atmosphere, as Aiur said.  If The Walking Dead can be a TV series, why not this?

#8 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

If it's done with a quality near the level of The Walking Dead, I'm game.  

Otherwise, get out of here Stalker TV show.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11959 posts) -
#10 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:
" If it's done with a quality near the level of The Walking Dead, I'm game.   Otherwise, get out of here Stalker TV show. "
icuwutudidther 

From the trailer it looks...really bad. Didn't carry the feeling of Stalker at all for me. It almost seems like some sort of low-budget parody. 
#11 Edited by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Come in, Stalker! Don't just stand there! Come in!
^
|
|
If it was just this over and over, I would be okay with that. 
Also, if it's anything like most Russian television, it'll be pretty bad.

#12 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@Laketown I'd settle for that but I can think of a plot even more evocative of my first time in SoC. Getting yakked at by some dudes, and then responding with "yeah I've played an fps before you wait out here I'll rescue nimble" and then the game showed me it wasn't here to play.
#13 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

As long as Darren McGavin is in it somewhere.

#14 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

Well hopefully it's a mini-series with each episode about an hour long just like "the Pacific" and "Band of Brothers". I seriously hope this turns out good though cause I really liked the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise. Hell its even a coincidence that I'm playing Shadow of Chernobyl again with the STALKER Complete mod on now. :p

#15 Posted by bybeach (4833 posts) -

I kind of liked it 

Oh, it's just a little blind puppy  goes to pick it up  

FREEZE! 

Actually, it looked pretty cool.
#16 Edited by Animasta (14692 posts) -
#17 Posted by MyElbowsFellOff (18 posts) -

I really liked the film in its own right, but the show looks like a hokey action-horror with little of the atmosphere that made the games and the film what they are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.