Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Command

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 02, 2013

Star Command is a space captain simulator and ship management game.

Ain't no FTL...

Agent_Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Agent_Eli

But holy guacamole, It is a fun game. It's difficult and a little rough around the edges. But that star trekky music, retro art style and moment to moment combat is undeniably fun. any of you guys and/or gals pick it up yet? Just wanted to get a feel for how the community is reacting to it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Lol this game finally came out? Hmmm, I don't even think I want it any more.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mellotronrules

looks dope. no iOS device though, so i'll have to wait for steam.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn

Same here. The game looks really good, but I refuse to play on iOS. I would gladly give them my money for a PC version, though.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I'm considering it. I have a 2.39 credit so don't have much to lose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

@mellotronrules said:

Same here. The game looks really good, but I refuse to play on iOS. I would gladly give them my money for a PC version, though.

There's a PC/Mac version on the way. I think the release schedule is now Android > PC/Mac, but there aren't solid dates for the various platforms yet.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Ben_H

Sure I'll give it a go for $3. I adore both Star Trek so I should enjoy this a lot.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Played about 15 minutes and it seems great, I hear there are difficulty spikes but the art and music are really awesome, combat had an interesting mechanic to it. Seems like it's what everyone thought, a lite ftl game with heavy Star Trek inspiration.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I've been playing it, it is real slow during the tutorial missions but once it picks up it becomes crazy hectic. FTL's one major weakness was that dealing with a boarding parties was difficult. Managing to trap them and removing all the oxygen was fun but trying to get your party members to fight them especially if you didn't have the right races at the time was a real pain.

Star Command gives you a lot more control over your crew, though I wish you could group select because it kind of a pain trying to move my 3-man fire team plus my support medic around. Either that or let me pause and issue commands. I also wish ammo auto-built because I keep forgetting to do that. The pathfinding code also needs to be updated to encourage crew to avoid breaches whenever possible, the amount of times that I've lost someone because they decided to take the path near the gaping vacuum of instant death instead of the alternative safer route has been too many to count. I often have large sections of my ship that get cutoff due to a breach and I'm way too paranoid to try and send anyone past it since the range on those things is pretty large, at least the enemy fail to avoid them too.

Other than that it is pretty fun and I highly recommend it.

loungemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They need to put in squads. Individually moving all three bridge members and one medic around is a major pain.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aspaceinvader

I find the ship you pick can be a tough little bugger, it takes some major punishment in battles.

Euphorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Euphorio

Yeah it was a real short, but totally sweet game. Once you get the upgraded ship, I just didn't really feel like going back through the same story. It has plenty of room to expand, but for right now, it is TONS of fun, and the ridiculous chaos that can occur during combat is like nothing you play on the app store.

It's worth the money, and I'm sure it will have expansions and become even greater in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.