Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Control

Franchise »

Star Control is a trilogy of classic games. The rights to the franchise were purchased by Stardock Games who announced plans for a sequel in 2014.

Star Control on Sale

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

Edited By mzuckerm

The Star Control series is on sale today at Good Old Games (including a package of 1+2, and a separate 3) for a total of $6. Seems well worth it to me. Star Con 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. The gameplay of Star Con 3 I found to be a worthy successor. I liked the plot as well, although I realize this is a sore spot for a lot of fans of the series because the brilliant folks behind 2 were shut out of the writing for 3. Still, can't beat the price for a classic series....

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mzuckerm

The Star Control series is on sale today at Good Old Games (including a package of 1+2, and a separate 3) for a total of $6. Seems well worth it to me. Star Con 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. The gameplay of Star Con 3 I found to be a worthy successor. I liked the plot as well, although I realize this is a sore spot for a lot of fans of the series because the brilliant folks behind 2 were shut out of the writing for 3. Still, can't beat the price for a classic series....

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I played the clone of the original SC2, and found that I would often trigger the end game where everyone gets slaughtered just by talking to one alien race. It wouldn't show me that was the case until way later, though, and I'd get stomped. I wish I understood the meta plot stuff better; I really liked it until it basically kicked my sand castle without telling me what I did wrong. Maybe that was just a problem with the clone? I have no way of knowing without spoiling the whole game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.