2.5 stars 2.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 5 releases and 0 DLC

Heartbreaking Disappointment 0

Let me preface this review by saying that Star Fox is one of my all-time favorite franchises.  I remember getting the original for my 12th birthday.  I remember running right for it at my first E3 in 1997.  And I remember waiting at my local game store for 2 hours a couple weeks later for it to show up.  With all of that said, Star Fox Assault hurts.  It had the potential to be so much, but it is a disappointment to say the least.  The game starts off feeling like it's predecessors and trie...

Nice Ideas, but a little rough around the edges. 0

The 2002 release of Starfox Adventures marked the first Starfox game for Nintendo's 128-bit console. The reaction from fans was mixed. Some loved it, some hated it. But everyone agreed that they wanted a 'true' Starfox game to come out. When Starfox 2 was shown for the first time at E3 2003, the game got a less than warm reception. It was in the very early stages of development and just didn't look or play very well. Still, it assured fans that there was a new Starfox game being made, and for ma...