hollitz's Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Xbox 360) review

• hollitz wrote this review on .

Surprisingly Deep Game

Star Ocean TLH may have an interesting story.  I'm not sure because I stopped paying attention to it around halfway through.  The English dub work is without a doubt the most poorly acted mess this generation.  Probably last generation too.
Think "Jill Sandwhich" repeated over and over for 40 or so hours.

That being said, the combat is engaging and the game is deep.  I've sunk over 170 hours into one playthrough at  this point, and there's still much to accomplish.  It may not be a great RPG, but it's definitely worth the price.