Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

A tactical officer and a gentleman

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rattle618

I dont know what got into me, but I´ve decided to write a few lines about my impressions regarding Star Trek Online. Here it goes:

I have no love for Star Trek, I find the original series un-watchable and TNG kind of lame and boring; some stuff in the universe is neat but it has never grabbed me and, because of that, I never really thought about trying STO until it became F2P. Now that we got that out of the way: Im really enjoying this game so far.

- It looks fine.

- Sound design is cool but the music is not great.

- The systems in place are neat and a welcome change from the standard MMO formula (Im looking at you SWTOR).

- Space combat is very interesting and ground combat is ok.

- The sidekick team, Im sorry "officers", is cool cause it lets you customize a great deal of the experience and if you are willing to put your imagination to work on top of that you can have a lot of fun.

- This game, more than any other that I´ve played so far, can get away with heavily instanced content because of it´s setting (fucking space). Here it kind of makes sense to be flying around in mostly empty environments and it actually adds to the experience.

- I can´t really talk about high level content cause I started a few days ago, but the game make a good first impression and I will probably keep on playing it for a while.

Bottom line: It´s worth a try even if you don´t find the setting appealing.

Let me know if there is a living GB guild that would be willing to acommodate me and my crew or if anybody wants to join me in my space adventures!

I dont really know any Star Trek references to insert a clever joke here, so I guess that´s the end of this.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rattle618

I dont know what got into me, but I´ve decided to write a few lines about my impressions regarding Star Trek Online. Here it goes:

I have no love for Star Trek, I find the original series un-watchable and TNG kind of lame and boring; some stuff in the universe is neat but it has never grabbed me and, because of that, I never really thought about trying STO until it became F2P. Now that we got that out of the way: Im really enjoying this game so far.

- It looks fine.

- Sound design is cool but the music is not great.

- The systems in place are neat and a welcome change from the standard MMO formula (Im looking at you SWTOR).

- Space combat is very interesting and ground combat is ok.

- The sidekick team, Im sorry "officers", is cool cause it lets you customize a great deal of the experience and if you are willing to put your imagination to work on top of that you can have a lot of fun.

- This game, more than any other that I´ve played so far, can get away with heavily instanced content because of it´s setting (fucking space). Here it kind of makes sense to be flying around in mostly empty environments and it actually adds to the experience.

- I can´t really talk about high level content cause I started a few days ago, but the game make a good first impression and I will probably keep on playing it for a while.

Bottom line: It´s worth a try even if you don´t find the setting appealing.

Let me know if there is a living GB guild that would be willing to acommodate me and my crew or if anybody wants to join me in my space adventures!

I dont really know any Star Trek references to insert a clever joke here, so I guess that´s the end of this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.