Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Beta keys being given away now

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Diamond

Right At Ten Ton Hammer.

I hope this isn't lock worthy, but I'm interested in checking out the beta myself as the opportunity has arisen and I figured I'd give Giant Bomb the heads up.

Here's some download options for the client.

Khemitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Khemitude

Awesome thanks! Just got my beta key.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

Just got mine too...this makes me happy, because this isn't a game I was going to buy and waste money on just to check it out. Thanks for the heads up, Diamond.

Wow I totally didn't realize today was Jan 12...so we can start messin around with it today, nice.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Diamond: 
    Thanks for that.  I've heard some bad feedback already, just so you know :-

me:  Star Trek Online beta keys available now dude http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/79119 just got mine client Download : http://www.startrekonline.com/download

FRIEND:  lol its a piece of shitive been in closed beta since it started

me:  oh okI never bothered for the closed betahow bad is it?awful combat?shit tech trees?

FRIEND:  its like champions.. somewhat ok gameplay concepts, fucking shithouse execution and plainly obvious its being rushed to market atleast 6-12 months before it should come out

me:  damnand they add the shit that should be in lateror notlike Champions

FRIEND:  if anything good comes from it, hopefully it sends jack and his shit company broke and we dont ever have to suffer another cryptic release again

me:  I don't get how Cryptic are being so lame these daysCoH wasn't perfect but it was good

FRIEND:  sure, coh was fine .. and then they saw how they could attract heaps of vc cash and all good game design principles went straight out the fucking window

me:  surely they want to become an NCSoft alike at some stage

FRIEND:  theyre going about it all the wrong ways

That dude and I used to CoH a lot together.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond
    @SeriouslyNow: Yea I've been wary about the game.  Not really hyped for it, but I figure trying a beta like this for myself is a lot better than thinking I should buy the full game down the road and being disappointed.  Far too often the beta is the only decent trial period a MMO will get.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Be glad you can just try the beta then I guess, before buying it and maybe endign up disappointed. That's why I'm happy I found out about this, kinda wanted to check it out but there was no way I was gonna buy it just to do that. Though, I'm not that persons opinion seriously at all because of the way they talk.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Diamond: 
    Well yeah.  Exactly how I've felt.  It will be sad if they do screw this license because it's such an easy money spinner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.