Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Borg Invasions Confirmed

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JokerClown88

Well it appears that the massive Borg invasion that was the actual end of Beta event was not just a random happening.  It will happen in the actual game quite a few times.  Granted it will be in high end raid form. 

The Borg  
    The Borg have planned. They have adapted. They have evolved. What the Borg cannot assimilate, they will destroy.

You saw a little Borg action in our End of Beta event – prepare to see more. The Federation have tracked down the Borg staging ground for their assault on the Alpha Quadrant. Join up with Battle Group Omega and take the fight to the Borg. Experience new Federation Episodes, Borg Exploration Clusters, deep space encounters. Also expect daily missions for these tasks to maximize the rewards you’ll be getting for helping out Starfleet in the Gamma Orionis Sector.

"Raid-i-sodes"

These are the high-end episodes you’ve been waiting for. Locked to 5-players, you’ll need every trick and every bit of teamwork to complete these challenges.

A Borg raid-i-sode series culminating in an encounter with the Borg queen is on its way. Expect a couple other “loose ends” to be addressed in the future, as well.

Available for both Klingon Generals and Starfleet Admirals, we’ll be releasing a new one of these every few weeks for the next three months    .

I cannot wait for this to actually happen.  I think that this is a very tactical and awesome way to implement the Borg in the game.  Episodic raids cumulating in an encounter with the Borg Queen???  Sign me up!!! 

Source 

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By laticsfan
    @JokerClown88 said:

"
    Well it appears that the massive Boginvasion that was the actual end of Beta event was not just a random happening.  "

I believe their scouts the "urinals" will appear first!
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lockwoodx

I can't wait for the pathetic federation to come begging for assistance from the Klingons.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Laticsfan said:
    "@JokerClown88 said:

"
    Well it appears that the massive Boginvasion that was the actual end of Beta event was not just a random happening.  "

I believe their scouts the "urinals" will appear first! "

Sorry.  I typed this within minutes after waking up this morning.  I fixed it.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lockwoodx
    @JokerClown88:  I do that all the time. It's rare if you ever see a post by me I haven't edited.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

I killed like 600 off the buggars at the end of the Beta, does this mean i have to subscribe to finish them off. Not cool. 

And I hope these missions are similar in scope to the end of that event, it won't happen but god i wish it would.
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Mikemcn:
    They might be similar in scope.  As they are reserved for Klingon Generals and Starfleet Admirals, it will be extreme "endgame" content right now.  You never know.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Evilsbane

Ok Cryptic, good first step.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.