Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Can you be BORG?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By artofwar420

Just a simple question, have you guys heard anything about this? Because if you can be a borg or somehow get converted into a borg, then my interest in this game will increase so much more. 

I think it'd be awesome to be the captain of an awesome Borg cube, and we all know resistance is futile.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

Alright found some info about this: 

Interviewer
    With the game taking place 30 years after nemesis where the major antagonist was the Borg do you think the Borg will be playable at all? 

Craig

We don’t think you will be able to play Borg at launch but they are just one of those things that it wouldn’t be star trek without. 

Interviewer
    Excellent. 

Craig is apparently one of the developers. Make that what you will.
    Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Phantom_Crash

Well if its in an expansion or a normal patch/update thats ok then.

I too would like a Borg cube or maybe a sphere or a pyramid one.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's set about 30 years after Nemesis, and you pay as either the Federation or the Klingon Alliance who are war with each other. They are the only playable factions (with four species per faction, I think). As for their inclusion as an enemy, I doubt it. The Borg were given a killer disease at the end of Voyager, and the queen's ship was destroyed. Obviously this doesn't mean all the borg were killed, and 30 years in the future they could have regrouped and strengthened, but there would have to be a significant back story to their inclusion. And since the main storyline is about the war between the federation & the Klingon Alliance, I can't see there being another major plot line - and a Borg storyline would have to be a major plot line to explain their history since their last known appearance.

So, I can't see it happening. But perhaps in an expansion pack or something? It could work in an expansion pack of some kind.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Phantom_Crash

Your probley right Matty. There is still hope though down the track for a 3rd faction, I mean I dont really see the borg joining the Feds or the Klingons. It would be a Major thing but well just have to wait and pester the Devs about it on their fourms.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.