Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Canceling early?

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 42manZ

On this week's bombcast they alluded to the fact that you can end your account in Star trek online before the 30-day free period is over and get the money you paid for the time not yet taken. Is this true?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Yeah, if you got the lifetime subscription, then you can. 

Edit: Actually, just check this out.

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 42manZ

Ah, just the lifetime subscription? Ah well, I was hoping to get my $15 back.

Well, thank you for the information and thank you for the link. That's good of Cryptic to do that for the lifetimer's.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

Nice gesture I guess but regardless of the quality of the game I couldn't see too many people taking that up. I think once your in for a life time your pretty committed to playing the game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @42manZ said:
    " Ah, just the lifetime subscription? Ah well, I was hoping to get my $15 back.  Well, thank you for the information and thank you for the link. That's good of Cryptic to do that for the lifetimer's. "
    You should be able to do it with a standard subscription too. I believe he reasoning behind it is that they have to refund you because you haven't been provided the service yet, because you're still using your 30 days free trial. I don't see why that would be any different for a standard subscription. People are just making a big fuss about doing it with the lifetime subscription because it's over 200 dollars, which is a decent chunk of money.
    42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 42manZ

Yeah, I'd be pissed if I had payed like $260 for this game. 

If I canceled now with my account on a monthly payment, would I be able to play the game until when my next payment is due?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

When you cancel a subscription you are free to play until the day your last payment expires.
    Unless you choose the option to stop the gametime right now and loose the days you still haven't used up (that part puzzled me, guess it's a way for parents to lock out a game immediately or something *shrugs*).

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Evilsbane
    @PhatSeeJay: That has to be it I can't think of any other reason to do so   O.o?
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lockwoodx
    @42manZ said:

" On this week's bombcast they alluded to the fact that you can end your account in Star trek online before the 30-day free period is over and get the money you paid for the time not yet taken. Is this true? "

Just understand you still have to live with wasting 50$ on the retail box. Consider it a lesson learned and buyer beware.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lockwoodx
    @42manZ said:

" Ah, just the lifetime subscription? Ah well, I was hoping to get my $15 back.  Well, thank you for the information and thank you for the link. That's good of Cryptic to do that for the lifetimer's. "

I only signed up for the 120$ annual and got a refund  too so don't think only lifers are getting a break. lol the guy on the phone didn't even try to talk me out of it. He was like "Oh and I see you also have a ticket on the same subject, I'll just bump that to the top and you should have your refund in a few business days." If you don't feel it's worth it, then act. If not then enjoy the game.
    SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By SilenceUK
    @Babble said:
    " @42manZ said:
    I don't think monthly subscriptions are charged until the free month is up. Or at least that's how every MMO I have played has worked. "

yeah you HAVNT paid a subscription yet :s unless you bought a 6 month 12 month or lifetime sub, so what (OP) you thought you bought a 1 month sub and go a free disk/download?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.