Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Console Release?

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hector

Is STO going to be released on the 360? I remember Champions Online was going to be released on the 360 but that never happened.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I highly doubt it.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

yes

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gike987

It have an function for Rumble and you can play it with an gamepad so it should be easy to port. But I don't think it would be fun to play this on console.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

Just like Champs online they might say it will be on console again, but most likely never happnen.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " Just like Champs online they might say it will be on console again, but most likely never happnen. "
    Just like Age of Conan. I think the only MMO on the 360 is FFXI. 
    Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By Hector
    @Mordukai said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:
    " Just like Champs online they might say it will be on console again, but most likely never happnen. "
    Just like Age of Conan. I think the only MMO on the 360 is FFXI.  "
    and Phantasy Star Online.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By EpicSteve

Remember when WoW was rumored to release on the 360?

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By buzz_killington

I really doubt it.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I think the reason they won't come to the 360 is due to Mr. Softy's strict requirements. As
    I understand it, they have to put dedicated servers in their network so they can control
    the XBL elements.  Load times for the game have to take X seconds (if it takes more
    than that then you can't put the game on the Xbox!).

With Mr. Softy being strict as hell, I don't think there will ever be an MMO for the Xbox
    unless it comes from Mr. Softy itself.  Mr. Softy will only look into it if some other console
    succeeds at it first.  It's really lame, but I think this is the reason.  The source of my
    thoughts comes from the 360 version of Blood Bowl.  The Forums for that game just
    went ballistic on the 360 version. For instance, Blood Bowl on the PC has League
    Servers.  The 360 version doesn't have this!  All it has is red vs blue. LOL.  The reason
    explained by devs is that they couldn't satisfy the Mr. Softy requirements for League
    play (such as custom costumes/banners, etc) & Mr. Softy wouldn't host the League
    Servers as the game wouldn't have the demand.

There is a lot of disadvantages to having Mr. Softy controlling their network & this
    is one of them: kills possibility for MMOs.  However, Cryptic COULD create some
    interesting single-player games built & based on their IPs for MMOs, such as 
    Star Trek & Champions Online.  I don't know if they'll do it though..Cryptic seems
    to be in the tunnel vision for all things MMO just as Mr. Softy is in the tunnel vision
    for everything being perfect on its console & network.  Cryptic would have to flex
    to a single-player or XBL online-style (weak MMO) version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.