Seems like Cryptic are still supporting Star Trek with some pretty heavy changes on the way, in a recent thread on the forums Dan Stahl of Cryptic announced their plans for the near future and beyond. Here are some of the biggest changes hinted at in the coming weeks or months, seems like ground combat will be the biggest change...
These items are actively being worked on by the at this time by the development team.
- New Ground Combat v 2.0 - major update to weapons and a new over shoulder aim and shoot (optional) reticle system
- Improving responsiveness of ground weapons and powers
- New Running, Sprinting, and 8 direction of movement animations (keeping your weapon pointed where you are looking as you move)
- Fleet Action Lobby System (organize teams up to 4 teams and join or launch Fleet Action map)
- ”Jupiter” uniform series (2409 based jackets)
- Duty Officer System (formerly known as the crew system)
- New Bonuses, items, craftables, and game mechanics related to Duty Officers
- New Tutorial for both FED and KDF (existing FED Tutorial will become a FED prequel mission for Khitomer Accord)
- New persistent maps for FED and KDF tutorials (Starfleet Academy on Earth and Klingon Academy on Qo'noS)
- Ability to skip new player tutorial after you've done it once
- Updated Qo’noS Hub Map
- New ship variants to fill in ship gaps at each tier (FED and KDF)
- Removing the concept of "Off-Duty" costumes and simply giving everyone "costume slots" you can use to store costumes
- Recipes to craft additional melee weapons
- New craftable consumable items
- New Loading Screens
- More detailed Sector Space and Galaxy Maps
- Reviewing designs of the STFs to determine areas that need improvement and ways to make these episodes better
- Many UI and HUD updates, including a much easier way to browse ships and see variations before purchasing
- Fan submitted Enterprise
This is only a snippet of how many changes they're talking about. Recently I've decided to jump in for another month just to give me something to play, I like me some space and some Star Trek and I enjoyed playing at launch. It will be interesting to see when these fixes hit the live servers. I wonder how many people are actually even playing anymore?
What are your thoughts? Will this make you consider jumping back in or not?
Full article here.