Get Yer Keyz

#1 Posted by DauntlessFinch (55 posts) -

Just wanted to give a heads up, you can get a STO key from giantbomb by visiting:

www.giantbomb.com/stobeta

Just go to that URL and provide your GiantBomb login. Thanks again to the GB Crew for the keys!

#2 Posted by Rodiard (428 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. Nicely done GB!

#3 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Awesome, thanks. 

Can't say I'm too interested in the game.  It looks good, but the monthly fee puts me right off.  Not interested in paying continually for one game, I just don't have that kind of time to devote to games.  And when I do, I don't want to spend it all playing one game.  But I'll certainly give it a try, I just wish more developers would move away from this subscription method.

#4 Posted by test0r (91 posts) -

Thanks, I'll try this out as soon as either the torrent or the direct download finishes.

#5 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Is this hosted on GB? I don't see it on the front page anywhere.
#6 Posted by Herostratus (9 posts) -

Giantbomb is the best, hands free fishes, in the canon of the universe as we know it 
#7 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up!

#8 Posted by wwfundertaker (1395 posts) -

i got my key, buts its 7 GB to download :(

#9 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Awesome.  Thanks!

#10 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Mah key done got gotten.

Thanks.

#11 Posted by Hermine (36 posts) -

I wonder if i'll be able to finish the download before the beta period ends ^^

#12 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

I got my key, sept the only download is through FilePlanet which has a 280 minute queue

#13 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I got my key, sept the only download is through FilePlanet which has a 280 minute queue "
Really? When I signed up they gave me a list of about 12 places.
#14 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" I got my key, sept the only download is through FilePlanet which has a 280 minute queue "
Really? When I signed up they gave me a list of about 12 places. "
O.O???
#15 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Got mine but 7gb.I"ll dl this tonight while I sleep.

#16 Posted by PDC_Emulator (184 posts) -

Yer the man, thanks.

#17 Posted by Gnubberen (754 posts) -

I got the client from here. maxed out my 8mbit.. so i can highly recommend it.

#18 Posted by DauntlessFinch (55 posts) -
@FlemmingM said:
" I got the client from here. maxed out my 8mbit.. so i can highly recommend it. "
Yeah that's where I got mine too, less then a half hour to download, and about 10 minutes to unzip and patch and such
#19 Posted by robgough (2 posts) -
@FlemmingM: I got mine from there too. Came down at 500k/b which for this connection is pretty good.  

Thanks for the key guys, this is my introduction to your site and looking around the community seems really good. You can consider this my formal hello! :)
#20 Posted by Tearhead (2143 posts) -
@DauntlessFinch said:
" @FlemmingM said:
" I got the client from here. maxed out my 8mbit.. so i can highly recommend it. "
Yeah that's where I got mine too, less then a half hour to download, and about 10 minutes to unzip and patch and such "
Woah. This is downloading a lot faster than the others, thanks! Also double thanks for the beta keys tip.
#21 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Nice! Gremp + Giant Bomb =

#22 Posted by prawn (6 posts) -

Totally awesome. Downloading client right now.

#23 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -
@DauntlessFinch said:
" @FlemmingM said:
Yeah that's where I got mine too, less then a half hour to download, and about 10 minutes to unzip and patch and such "
I hate you, i still have 17 hours to go...

Damn you relatively slow although fastest possible DSL connection
#24 Posted by Renahzor (983 posts) -
@FlemmingM said:
Thanks a ton for this!  Im pulling 1-1.5M, which is on average, infinity times faster than other download sites. 
#25 Posted by Milkman (16481 posts) -
@FlemmingM said:
At first, this was working great for me. But once it hit like 3%, the download slowed to a crawl and now says 7 hours remaining....

I've tried about 4 different mirrors now. All of them suck.
#26 Posted by Callik (138 posts) -

Got it downloaded, installed and patched to find out that

THE SERVERS CANNAE TAKE IT CAPT'N!

But what's a beta without overwhelmed servers and some glorious lag.

#27 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

Already got my key and my account, currently going through the (very long) download for the client. The Giant Bomb guys are awesome for doing this giveaway.

#28 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

IM late for the party, all the keys are gone, dammit!

#29 Posted by AdMordem (454 posts) -

Damnit! Awesome you guys didnt make people pay to get these, but for any future things like this :

PLEASE HOLD ON TO A SMALL PORTION and RELEASE 12 HOURS LATER FOR YOUR INTERNATIONAL VIEWERS!

I realise the majority of your hits prolly come from the states, but here in Australia we love you too GB :D

#30 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

They ran out of keys? 
Now I can never make my dream of being Cpt. Picard a reality ;_;

#31 Posted by robgough (2 posts) -
@Callik: This is my first entry into the MMO world... are you saying that the horrendous lag will(/should) get better at release? I hope so!
#32 Posted by McPaper (254 posts) -

Aww they are all out. Makes me wonder how many of those keys were claimed by day one accounts.

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Now I can never make my dream of being Cpt. Picard a reality ;_;

Oh god, I wasnt the only one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.