How do Fleets work if it's all instanced?

#1 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

I understand how a Guild works in WoW, because it's all persistent, but the fact that STO is broken up into instances confuses me... how would you all "Fleet" together?

I'm downloading as we speak so how the frick do I get into the Space Neon Lobsters?

#2 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Pretty sure its just that a 'guild' is called a 'fleet' in the game..it doesn't mean anything in the sense of the word. The 'fleet' doesn't go around together all the time or anything, just like a guild, you would need to have people in your party, and that party would go around in the different areas together. Not the fleet as a whole though.

#3 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@pause422 said:
" Pretty sure its just that a 'guild' is called a 'fleet' in the game..it doesn't mean anything in the sense of the word. The 'fleet' doesn't go around together all the time or anything, just like a guild, you would need to have people in your party, and that party would go around in the different areas together. Not the fleet as a whole though. "
So the Fleet is basically broken up into parties if you wanna hang? Cuz on WOW I enjoyed getting as many guild members into a certain place to mess around.
#4 Posted by Jedted (2363 posts) -

You CAN still gather the entire fleet together on a space station or in sector space, just tell everyone to assemble in the same instance if you wanna have a fleet party.  Missions may be a different story since there's a limet to who can be on your team. 
#5 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

*bump to fix forum bug*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.