Happy summer duders! Thanks to the Romulan expansion, some live Giant Bomb coverage, and the resulting huge upswing in active Lobsters, it's high time to run a contest to welcome new and returning players to the game! This contest will run for 2 weeks, closing on June 15th.
Some of these are pretty big prizes, so in order to win big, you need to work for it! ;) There are three categories of trivia, to give everyone with different strengths a fair chance. Many of the questions are not easily Googled.
- You Don't Know Giant Bomb
- You Don't Know Star Trek
- You Don't Know Star Trek Online
What you have to do:
- Vote on this poll
- Read all of the questions carefully
- Send me a PM with your answers
- Be a member of the SNL fleet before June 15th.
What you can't do:
- Be an officer (Crab) in the fleet (we are the prize sponsors)
- Post your answers here (because other people will steal them, mail them to me, and ruin your chances)
- Enter more than once (you monster)
- Choose your prize (this is the random luck bit)
What you can do:
- Offer to trade your prize winnings with someone else
- Sell what you win on the in-game Exchange
- Request anonymity
- Donate more prizes!
Prize list: (subject to updates/changes without notice)
- Mirror ships
- Pets and novelties
- Duty Officer packs
- Rare and Very Rare Duty Officers
- Rare and Very Rare Bridge Officers
- Guns, lots of guns
- Aegis gear sets (qty 2)
- Master keys (qty ?)
- 1000 Zen card code (qty 2)
- Free Tier 4 Fleet ship (qty 1, winner must provide 20,000 fleet credits)
Fine Print & Administration: (read this too)
I will collect the answers and assign all valid entries an anonymous number, and all prize categories a random letter with the quantity of letters representing the final number of available prizes. I will send those lists to 2 fleet officers, one of whom will shuffle the numbers, the other will shuffle the letters. They will be able to independently confirm I did not alter the order when the winners list is published.
This contest is offered as a for-fun community event, independent of Giant Bomb, CBSi, Cryptic, and Perfect World Entertainment. Depending on where you live, your local laws may not permit you to enter this kind of contest. Prizes have no transferrable cash value. These are freely offered digital goods and product keys. There may be more entries than prizes, or vice versa. Many will enter, few will win. I and other members of the SNL fleet are not responsible for any technical problems that may occur in the receipt of contest entries, or the delivery of prizes, and offer no warranty or obligation that prizes will be received by recipients. Prizes will not be re-awarded if claimed to not have been received.