Looking for a new idea

#1 Posted by kallistosprom (48 posts) -

To one and all,

I played wow since final beta, warhammer, star wars, eve online and neocron 2. Now I look for something new as i'm sick of wow and I don't want it taking over my life as EvE almost forced the user too. I have heard bad things and I have heard and see some good things but still I am undecided. Currently the open beta is downloading as I write this but I am well aware of what betas are like and never write off a game just because of a beta (even though red alert 3 beta did actually put it right off). 

What do people think? What does this game offer that any of those that I listed above don't already do? whether it be loot, economy, or atmosphere? I really don't give a monkeys about graphics, as a long fan of Civ 2. But I care about gameplay, a lot. but more than that I want an experience that I can lose myself in casually, not sit thinking i'm going to need a special seat next to my computer because I won't be able go to the toilet at the normal place.

Reading other posts, you have all played a bit or a lot of it, so what have you found that is new? Or is this game just sold on the star trek lience. Games can be polished over time. Wow had more bugs, in beta, than Battlecrusier 3000AD had on release, but if there is an idea. Sometimes a unique idea that can drive a game to solidifying its root in computer game history, then I am listening. An idea, which can be developed and refined over time just as Wow took a load of ideas and polished them. I want to know.

in short: is there something new in this?

#2 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

The big features are having your own squad of AI teammates to control and help you and having your own ship and crew and exploring space fighting enemies.

#3 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

^The bigger thing is that when you have a party of 5 and roll in a little fleet of ships duking it out with AI enemies and have a epic battle.

#4 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

I am really enjoying it at the moment. The on-ground fighting isn't amazing but the space battles are great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.