Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

My Star Trek Online Impressions.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Edited By metal_mills

After playing for about 2.5 hours I have to say this game sucks arse. It doesn't feel at all like Star Trek which is a huge negative for me. I think atmosphere is a very important part of a game, especially in MMO's when they can feel lifeless and dull and this game just fails completely.

WoW felt just like Warcraft and had a fantastic atmosphere. Star Wars: Galaxies while not being the greatest MMO absolutely nailed the original trilogy feel. It felt like I was on Tatooine. EVE Online you felt like you were in space flying around, everything felt HUGE and vast. Maybe even too big but the galaxy was gigantic it was a galaxy.
    Star Trek though...it feels dead. The ground areas feel like generic MMO instances and is just boring as hell running alone a corridor shooting waves and brain dead NPC's. Space feels like nothing but an instance. There were a couple of nice moment but overall it has no feel to it, I don't feel like I'm going where no man has gone before, I feel like I'm going into the next scripted scene where many people have been.

Big opportunity missed. I feel like the whole game should have been made a completely different way. As it is it feels half arsed and another MMO set to bomb in my eyes.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

After playing for about 2.5 hours I have to say this game sucks arse. It doesn't feel at all like Star Trek which is a huge negative for me. I think atmosphere is a very important part of a game, especially in MMO's when they can feel lifeless and dull and this game just fails completely.

WoW felt just like Warcraft and had a fantastic atmosphere. Star Wars: Galaxies while not being the greatest MMO absolutely nailed the original trilogy feel. It felt like I was on Tatooine. EVE Online you felt like you were in space flying around, everything felt HUGE and vast. Maybe even too big but the galaxy was gigantic it was a galaxy.
    Star Trek though...it feels dead. The ground areas feel like generic MMO instances and is just boring as hell running alone a corridor shooting waves and brain dead NPC's. Space feels like nothing but an instance. There were a couple of nice moment but overall it has no feel to it, I don't feel like I'm going where no man has gone before, I feel like I'm going into the next scripted scene where many people have been.

Big opportunity missed. I feel like the whole game should have been made a completely different way. As it is it feels half arsed and another MMO set to bomb in my eyes.

Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dafub

I have not played it but apparently the first few hours a pretty linier for a reason it is effectively the tutorial for the first few hours!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.