Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Season 8 is go!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By Brackynews

GREETINGS MY KITECO TRUC.... wtf this isn't the EVE forum...? O_o

SALUTATIONS MY LOBSTER SHELLEAGUES!

Join me in a rediscovery of exactly what Cryptic has been up to since the summer. I know they got Michael Dorn for reals. Also Dyson spheres? Which I always like to imagine in a sci-fi context was actually invented by Miles Dyson.

The starbase projects chug along and we are just around the corner from starting the Tier 2 Dilithium Mine. Now something new trans-spired to build!!!?!?!!!!?!??? So much stuffs. Also the Fed tutorial has been redesigned again. Probably with less Quinto. ;__; And of course there's a new tribble.

If you haven't heard, after many years of a user-maintained unofficial OSX Client, an official one is now in open beta using Cider. If nothing else one of the reasons I've been more inclined to play EVE than STO is because I don't need to reboot. :P There are also some threads about potentially running it on Linux via WINE, and continued support of the unofficial WINE wrapper.

See you.... out there.

And here's a picture of Sir Patrick with the missus.

"Yes. Married."

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Hrrrrm. Maybe I should re-install and give the new content a shot. Never did finish the Romulan stuff either.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brackynews
    samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By samuraigarrin
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samuraigarrin: Man I'm not so keen on that Gorn redesign. Bloody Abrams.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Tried getting into this a couple months ago. The space combat stuff was fun (ground less so), but eventually gave up because it kept crashing whenever I went to a Starbase, which kind of limits your options. For a free-to-play it was actually kinda cool though, and I'm not usually that big on MMO's.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah maybe I should dive back in the sad event of July kicked the wind out of my sails.

I will see how it goes as we were just starting on the Dilithium mine glad to hear it got finished and are onto stage 2.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Jedted

@brackynews: I finally got my old account reactivated and have been looking for a reason to get back into this. I wasn't sure there were any Space Lobsters still playing.

My global name is Jedted so feel free to shoot me a fleet invite.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A season 8 ... in Star Trek??? What is this blasphemy?

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho: The mine upgrade project for tier 2 just went live today. It's going to take a lotof stuff to complete, but the result will be so worth it.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markwahlberg: Bummer crashing. That sounds like the kind of glitch that would be either patched out, or related to corrupt local files?

@dizzymedal: I kno rite? https://twitter.com/TNG_S8

@jedted: Can do, but global name isn't enough. Need the pre-@ of your Fed or Fed-aligned Romulan. You can post it in the sticky thread if you like.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By gbrading

As always I'm on/off occasionally with STO. I tried the Dyson Sphere yesterday and wasn't particularly impressed. Another reputation system = Another grind. I try to contribute to the Starbase/other stuff whenever I can, because I'd like to get it up eventually to the level where we can redeem some good ships. ;)

I will grab that Tribble though. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.