Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Star Trek Online

Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dafub

This game looks better and better the more I see of it!
    Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Dafub

This game looks better and better the more I see of it!
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I watched quite a few trailers for it and wasn't sure about it, it looked a bit too much to me like they'd just taken the combat of EVE Online and stuck it in a new game. However, Giant Bomb's coverage has shown off the game well and really sparked some interest in me over Star Trek Online. I was very eager to play the game myself but unfortunately I've had problems downloading it.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rallier

Same here, I was not all that interested in it at first but after looking at the videos that are up on the site I am warming up to it more and more. I imagine that massive strategic space battles will happen in that game.

Thing is it is an MMO and I know that i will lose myself in it so I'll be staying away from it.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gike987

I diden't care at all for this until i tried the beta. All the quests so far feels really unique (for an MMO) and fun. Both the ship combat and the ground combat have been great and i really like the idea that you have an away team.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

Even though I have no interest in Star Trek what so ever, the game doesn't look to bad.  I might give the beta a shot.

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Rehehelly
    @gike987 said:
    " I diden't care at all for this until i tried the beta. All the quests so far feels really unique (for an MMO) and fun. Both the ship combat and the ground combat have been great and i really like the idea that you have an away team. "
    From what I saw from the videos on it, one of the quests was to kill a few borgs. If you take all the trekkie out of that, kill a few rats :P  

I didn't have much interest in the game beforehand until I watched the videos and saw the space battles, made me want to play so I got myself a key and it's patching now, SOON! 
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gike987
    @Rehehelly said:
    " @gike987 said:
    " I diden't care at all for this until i tried the beta. All the quests so far feels really unique (for an MMO) and fun. Both the ship combat and the ground combat have been great and i really like the idea that you have an away team. "
    From what I saw from the videos on it, one of the quests was to kill a few borgs. If you take all the trekkie out of that, kill a few rats :P   I didn't have much interest in the game beforehand until I watched the videos and saw the space battles, made me want to play so I got myself a key and it's patching now, SOON!  "
    That was the first tutorial quest. What i mean by unique is that almost every quest so far have been multiple parts and have taken you to new environments. The quests are still standard MMO quests at it's core, but all the quests have been made in away that makes you not care about it. And I have yet to encounter an quest that only wants you to kill 10 borgs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.