Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

STO is getting Romulans!

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
    kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kristov_romanov

Star Trek: Online is getting getting a third faction, Romulans!

Klingons never really did it for me, in the game or in the greater IP as a whole. Those sneaky Rommys though? For my that is a big "yes please"

I know there are those out there that aren't too happy with the amound of KDF content, but I have a feeling that there are others out there that will be stoked about a third faction option no matter how much content it starts with.

The Legacy of Romulus has a few other cool new features that will be coming with it in May, including a new customisable UI and retraits. There is more info at http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacyofromulus

What do those of you that are still playing STO, like me, think of this upcoming update?

Edited to fix up some wacky formatting. I assume it was my iPad.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Woho!

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ENGAGE.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Corvak

Romulans make a far better MMO faction than klingons, honestly.

once the overall STO plot moves along as you level up, eventually even the klingons realize their enemy isnt actually the federation. It leads to the conflict feeling forced, simply to allow for player vs. player gameplay. Romulans, on the other hand, always have a lot of irons in the fire, and a much wider range of potential storylines as a result.

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else gotten into the Romulan closed beta?

Am loving it so far. It seems like a new game, visually and story-wise.

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kristov_romanov

Loving the beta so far. Ground maps are great, they add the first few Bridge Officers in a really interesting way and the Warbird ship mechanics are different in a cool way.

My duder, Ronet:

No Caption Provided

Edit: And my ship.

No Caption Provided

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for the open beta so I can finally try out all the LoR stuff. Went ahead and also ordered the starter pack just because.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By devilzrule27

Open beta has begun on the tribble server!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was super impressed by what I played of this during the weekend beta on tribble. It literally feels like a totally different game, it's really impressive what they've done.

The only problem now is how jarring it will feel to go from this new content, back to the janky old stuff. I have to imagine some new players who go through this stuff first, will be in for a rude awakening when they start accessing the older missions. I know the Klingons received some new early content, but has there been any changes to anything else?

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wintersnowblind: I agree. I have enjoyed playing the game for the few years it has been out, but the Romulan stuff is head and shoulders above the existing Fed and KDF bizzo. I assume those factions will be improved, just curious to see if it is done incrementally or through major season releases.

I have a feeling that my Rommie will be taking up most of my game time for the foreseeable future.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

@kristov_romanov: Missing you in the fleet duder. I didn't accidentally kick you did I? ;)

kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kristov_romanov

@brackynews: no, I just got offered a position in a former fleet and thought there wasn't much opportunity for promotion in SNL due to being on the other side of the planet. Apparently that may not be the case? Would love to have Three, and my upcoming Holodeck Rommie, in SNL still.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.