What is going on with STO?

#1 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Seriously can somebody update me? Because Cryptic are living up to their name.

I've been attempting to play since release, it's been 5 days and I must have 4 hours of play time, purely because I either can't get onto the server or because it's been so damn laggy it's been unplayable.

That's 5 days off my Free time which I am guessing Cryptic won't be willing to refund. In my opinion this game wasn't fit to be released in the state it is in. All I've had are bad experiences and now they've had the cheek to "Silence" me for voicing my opinions to them ingame, so that's 24 hours without Chat. What's the point in playing an MMO if you can't talk to the other players.

So why are so many people protecting Cryptic for not giving us any information about what's going on other than "We're bringing to server down for a patch" and the odd useless Release Note with no detail what-so-ever.

Losing my patience.

#2 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

You must have been very unlucky, cause this has been one of the smoother releases I've played in terms of an mmo.

#3 Posted by Bane (383 posts) -

Unlucky indeed.  I played quite a bit over the weekend and everything was fine aside from some menu lag here and there.

#4 Posted by AtomicEdge (295 posts) -

Yeah I managed to play pretty much all weekend with only a half hour downtime getting in the way.

The only pain for me was the sunday night queue, and they are wainting on new hardware to fix that anyway.

#5 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" You must have been very unlucky, cause this has been one of the smoother releases I've played in terms of an mmo. "
#6 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I have to admit I had some lag during the beta. I haven't played the final release yet so I can't say anything just yet. However, I have heard that they did have server overloads at the start of the game. 

#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

31.6 hours played after release  
Only once have I had a server problem and that's when they were doing updates on it.  

#8 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3962 posts) -

I spent several hours on it & didn't have any issues. I did on Sunday morning but it only lasted about 15 minutes or so.

#9 Posted by Kilnik (73 posts) -

I've had no issues so far. Never had to queue up to get in; nuthin'. So far so good.
My only gripe is regarding the ground missions. The level design is terrible; they play more like obstacle courses than actual locations.

#10 Posted by Goopynose (62 posts) -

Set your proxy to "None". You should be alright after that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.