Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

When can we pre-load on steam for headstart?

ebritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ebritt

i know we can have a head start this weekend, some are saying from tomorrow, if we pre-ordered and I wanted to know if you guys know when we can start installing it on steam. It's a fairly big download and I assume it will be a separate client from the beta so it will take a while from release before we can start playing. I haven't been on steam for long so I'm not sure how the whole preload thing works so any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Legend
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I just get a feeling you launch the beta launcher and it will update.. has to be something like that since they haven't given any heads up.

ebritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ebritt

Thanks for the info, that's great news about the client. Do we have a start time or is it just midnight(I presume central/pacific, meaning early morning for us across the pond.)

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I heard 10am PST, it's not from confirmed Star Trek Online forum sources but many seem to be agreeing on that time.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nictel
    January 28, 2010

The headstart program for Star Trek Online will begin on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. PST (We're GMT -8 right now). This special early access is only available to people who have pre-ordered Star Trek Online. Players who have not pre-ordered will be able to log into Star Trek Online at 10:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday February 2, 2010. If you have still not pre-ordered Star Trek Online, it's not too late! You can still get into the headstart program if you pre-order now

From the Launcher. So in about 16 hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.