Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek

Franchise »

The popularity of the Star Trek television and film franchise has led to numerous games. The quality of the games have usually left a lot to be desired despite a large mod scene and community of loyal fans.

Favourite Star Trek Game?

Zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Zenszulu

Just wondering what everyones favourite Star Trek game has been over the years? Mine has been Star Trek: Bridge Commander probably the closest game I have played to what it would be like to captain a star ship, although story wise I loved Legacy.

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GiveUpNed

My favorite Star Trek games are Star Trek Armada 2 (1 is good, but 2 is better), Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2 and Star Trek: Bridge Commander.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

Offhand I cant decide between Elite Force and Bridge Commander. Both hold so many great memories for me and both were great games beyond the License.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KirkyX

Bridge Commander, easily. With all the mods floating around, I was playing that game for years after launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

• Starfleet Academy 
    • TNG: A Final Unity
    Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Robitt

Yeah Bridge Commander. Granted I haven't played that many games in the Star Trek universe, but that game is goooood.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Jedted

I gotta go with Elite Force because i played the multiplayer in that game to death, was even part of a clan too.  You could say it was just Quake dressed up as Star Trek but it's also the best Star Trek game out there.  I didn't play a lot of EF2 so i don't really have an opinion on that one. 

I kind of have a special fondness for the ST: Borg and Klingon games just because of how much effort apparently went into them.  The acting is a little hammy and gameplay boils down to something like a first person point n' click adventure game but it's fun to watch.   
    JGPM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By JGPM

I've always loved the games based on Deep Space Nine, namely Crossroads of Time on the Super Nintendo and Genesis and The Fallen on the PC. They're probably the most "immersive" Trek games I've played. On that note, I also adored Star Trek 25th Anniversary as a kid on my Mac (I never played the NES version so I can't comment there).

I also liked both Star Trek Armada games and very much enjoyed Star Trek Starfleet Command 2 and 3 (I nearly fainted from joy when I heard they were doing a SFC during the Next Generation timeline, my favourite era).

I never got a chance to play the Next Generation games on the Super Nintendo and Genesis , though I heard they were supposed to be excellent as well.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By falconer

The only one I ever played was Legacy. Not worth 60 dollars, but it was still pretty fun. Especially if you had some friends to play with online and you're all using ships with a cloak. Fun stuff. 

I was in the beta for STO. If that goes free to play I will definitely play it some more.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By OldGuy

Star Trek. Or just Trek. (gonna have to make a page for this, as one doesn't seem to exist, but I need to do some further research first)... Popular on mainframes and mini computers in the 70's. 8x8 (or was it 10x10, yes, I think it was 10x10) grid where you fought Klingons and Romulans, you could warp to different sectors, stabases to refuel, restock and repair. And you could play it with only a printing terminal. :-)

DasSmiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By DasSmiter

Starfleet Command (1, 2, 3) and Armada are good, but my favorite is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation:_Birth_of_the_Federation

4X star trek multiplayer baby, although the defiant is a bit overpowered.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.