Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Anyone else getting a "Bounty Hunter" vibe?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Deranged

As disappointed as I was that the reveal wasn't for Battlefront 3 or Republic Commando 2, I'm still hopeful for this game. For one, they're saying it's a more mature take on the Star Wars lore. It's going to be in a third-person view, which I think is fantastic and speculation is that you'll be playing as Boba Fett due to "1313" being Boba's codename in one of the novels.

I personally see this as a spiritual successor to Star Wars: Bounty Hunter from last generation, which in turn, is a positive thing since that game was pretty damn exciting.

What do you guys think about this? Excited, disappointed, interested?

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

I was also initially disappointed that the reveal wasn't for Battlefront 3. However, the idea of a mature Star Wars game featuring a bounty hunter (maybe even Boba Fett) definitely has me interested. Can't wait to see more about this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm pretty sure they announced you're playing as a bounty hunter on coruscant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's been announced that it's a bounty hunter game.

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/e3-2012-star-wars-1313-officially-announced

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo

Is this the open world / Clint Hocking thing?  Sounds like Prey 2 but Star Wars. Could be neat.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

For me them saying it's a "mature" take on star wars bothers me. What does that even mean? Was the force unleashed not a mature take on it? What about the Jedi Knight series? What does being mature entail if those don't count? Nudity and Gore?

That's a weird thing for them to say, is all I'm saying. It's not like all Jedi Games have been particularly crazy violent (with gore and blood and whatnot), but that doesn't mean they weren't mature before.

So, ya. It makes me wonder what exactly being "mature" means exactly for a new star wars game. To me it being mature isn't particularly new.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

@CornBREDX said:

For me them saying it's a "mature" take on star wars bothers me. What does that even mean? Was the force unleashed not a mature take on it? What about the Jedi Knight series? What does being mature entail if those don't count? Nudity and Gore?

That's a weird thing for them to say, is all I'm saying. It's not like all Jedi Games have been particularly crazy violent, but that doesn't mean they weren't mature before.

So, ya. It makes me wonder what exactly being "mature" means exactly for a new star wars game. To me it being mature isn't particularly new.

The Force Unleashed was less mature and more extreme. Starkiller might as well have been slamming Mountain Dew after pulling wicked stunts with the Force.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo
    @CornBREDX said:

That's a weird thing for them to say, is all I'm saying. It's not like all Jedi Games have been particularly crazy violent, but that doesn't mean they weren't mature before.

I'm guessing they mean not quite as Good Guy / Pantomime Villain as Star Wars often is.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By jacdg

Oh man, that bounty hunter game was one of the first games I got for my PS2, back when I had no idea what good games were, still, I have a few fond memories of that game.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Anthony Gallegos seems excited about it and he's a huge Star Wars nerd soo... I guess I'm sorta excited? I just hope its more then a mission based, third person cover shooter. Hopefully Rebel FM sheds some more light on this.

Edit: Maybe some light RPG elements? I guess what I really want is for someone to make a new Star Wars RPG. I need something to scratch my KOTOR itch!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CornBREDX

That's a weird thing for them to say, is all I'm saying. It's not like all Jedi Games have been particularly crazy violent (with gore and blood and whatnot), but that doesn't mean they weren't mature before.

I think they're just trying to say This Isn't Kinect Star Wars. This is Star Wars for people who like regular ass video games (like Unleashed), not Star Wars for your kid. When your kid grows up he'll be done with Kinect Star Wars and he'll be excited for this game.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By cornbredx

@Hailinel: This seems more like a matter of perspective, but to me Force Unleashed was just God of War Star Wars edition. Granted, it didn't have nudity, but I still think it had a more mature theme to it then most star wars games.

The Jedi Knight series tackled fairly mature themes (at least the first one did, with Kyle losing his father and how you play was how you chose how he would choose to handle that situation as you went light side or dark side). One could argue also that the series has never needed blood per say because light sabers and blasters cauterized the wound on impact (or at least I have heard that theory before somewhere).

But ok. At the core, what a Star Wars game needs is better writing. I don't think the force Unleashed was that bad, but it wasn't a focus either. So... maybe this is true. The Jedi Knight series is still going to be the one I highlight when I wonder what "mature" even means. But we'll see I guess. With video games the word "mature" can have many definitions.

Anyway, sorry. I think I'm derailing this thread. It was unintentional. I couldn't help but ask the question, though.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JazGalaxy

@Jimbo said:

@CornBREDX said:

I'm guessing they mean not quite as Good Guy / Pantomime Villain as Star Wars often is.

That IS Star Wars. I mean, that's it's reason for being.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jimbo
    @JazGalaxy said:

@Jimbo said:

@CornBREDX said:

That IS Star Wars. I mean, that's it's reason for being.

Elements of the setting do push it in that direction, sure, but it's not all the setting can be used for.
    Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maystack

It's called 1313 because you'll be playing in somewhere called Level 1313. Sounds like a prison or lab or something.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deranged

@CornBREDX said:

I'm assuming they mean that the game will take a darker tone considering the area of "1313" holds the galaxies darkest and most dangerous criminals. Listen to the interview on Gametrailers if you want to hear more.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Maystack: its apparently a giant place in courasant where all the gangs live or something

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deranged

@Maystack said:

It's called 1313 because you'll be playing in somewhere called Level 1313. Sounds like a prison or lab or something.

True, but there was also a non-canon novel where Boba Fett was noted as "1313".

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By project343

They had me at Coruscant. I hope this brings in some noir influence.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By connerthekewlkid

anyone else think this is connected to that live action star wars show they've been working on called underworld?

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deranged

@connerthekewlkid: Honestly, anything is possible. But I remember something stating that the live action tv series they wanted to create would be focused on Boba.

Rohay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Rohay

They had me with the name now everything else i see is just a giant bonus from what it look like it gonna be a damn good game graphically though im not sure if im a fan of cover based shooters

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By BBQBram

It's not often a game can sell me on it's visuals alone; let's hope the game itself has some cool ideas in it. I'll play it anyway because it looks amazing. If this is any indication of the next gen...damn.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also really liked Star Wars Bounty Hunter. I unfortunately only rented it so I didn't get to play all of it.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SmilingPig

No I am getting a super on rails vibe.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Doctorchimp

Of course that guy is Boba Fett.

He looks pacific islander and as we all know in the expanded universe the fate of the galaxy is continuously handled by the same 4 or 5 people from the movies.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Matfei90

At this point I just can't get excited about anything labelled 'Star Wars'. Guess I'm done.

CouncilorChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CouncilorChief

Yeah, I actually got that vibe too. Of course, Bounty Hunter was a average game but this looks to have a lot of potential. It certainly looked fucking gorgeous and there's a good chance this could save Lucasarts mediocre reputation for the past four years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.