Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Has anyone seen footage of this game?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan at all (or, I'm not one at all), but damn, this game looks really good. I mean, there are a lot of games at this years E3 that look similar, this isn't exactly different, but just like a lot of the others (or at least to me) it looks very high quality. I am very surprised about this, just the graphics alone are quite amazing to me. Anyone, here's some very short video footage of it, hope you'll agree that it looks promising as well, even for those that aren't huge Star Wars fans. Also, M RATED! I like the sound of that, I've always felt Star Wars was a little bit too child proof (I guess you can say) for my liking's.

So the video doesn't seem quite as sharp as you'd get with most videos, but if you can see past that, what do you think? Just another Uncharted cinematic-like game, or something you could get excited over? If you want to see it in individual pieces with slightly better quality, head over to game trailer and check it out there if you haven't already.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bwheeeler

Hopefully this ends up being next-gen. That looks fucking good.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

It looks like it could be pretty interesting and it's definitely very pretty. However, and this is only going off the admittedly little footage shown, it really looks like an Uncharted clone. The animations when he's going to jump from place place looks the same--right down to the little hand stretching out he does to show you can jump. So, I suppose I'm cautiously optimistic.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RVonE

If you watch this video in HD, you'll get a lot more fidelity than in the video above. It certainly looks impressive.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

I feel like I should tell to you guys that they mentioned this was running on a very high-end PC.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FritzDude

It has been confirmed that the game runs on a high end PC. So if you want those graphics be ready to spend over $2000 on new hardware. This is just like Watch Dogs, it looks damn impressive, but unlike that game this game looks generic.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoFooQ

I see no reason to be impressed, there are a few 20-30 seconds clips that all take place in the opening minutes of the game most likely, since they are on their way to 1313. Combat looks terrible, basic starwars game where you have no talents to start with.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jazzycola

@FritzDude said:

It has been confirmed that the game runs on a high end PC. So if you want those graphics be ready to spend over $2000 on new hardware. This is just like Watch Dogs, it looks damn impressive, but unlike that game this game looks generic.

I'm going to say no on that. By the time this comes out the high end cards that this is running on will be mid-range. This means that you could build a PC capable of playing this game for around $800 to $1000. Also just cause they use high end cards does not mean that the game will need high end cards to run smoothly in the way it was meant to look. You really think next gen consoles will have a GTX 680 or HD 7990 in it. No it won't, it'll most likely have a mid-range GPU of this generation (6770 or 7850 series radeon or something comparable). There's no way they'd build this game if they didn't think they could get it running on consoles which means it'll run very smoothly on most mid-ranged rigs.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By TheHBK

Dude, Uncharted has ruined 3rd person action games. seriously, what makes this a compelling gameplay experience? Shooting in Star Wars? No thanks. When will Lucas Arts go back to the gameplay from Jedi Knight?

Bakath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Bakath

@Jazzycola said:

@FritzDude said:

I'm going to say no on that. By the time this comes out the high end cards that this is running on will be mid-range. This means that you could build a PC capable of playing this game for around $800 to $1000. Also just cause they use high end cards does not mean that the game will need high end cards to run smoothly in the way it was meant to look. You really think next gen consoles will have a GTX 680 or HD 7990 in it. No it won't, it'll most likely have a mid-range GPU of this generation (6770 or 7850 series radeon or something comparable). There's no way they'd build this game if they didn't think they could get it running on consoles which means it'll run very smoothly on most mid-ranged rigs.

Agreed, by the time the next consoles come out we will have the GTX 780 and a whole new CPU architecture. I wish we could get confirmed specs on the next consoles as if the rumurs are true it might be th first time the new consoles do not out shine the PC for the first year or so. That would be sad as I like to have both but not sure I would spend money on something outdated before it launches like the Wii U is going to be.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Graphically, it looked amazing. Gameplay wise.. Do we need more third person cover based shooters? I'm getting serious Force Unleashed vibes, and that's definitely not a good thing.

But I have a hard time caring about anything Star Wars related these days.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@CrossTheAtlantic: Yeah, but everything shown at the show isn't original at all, and almost everything shown had very similar stuff going on wrapped with its own unique stuff. So it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's good.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RVonE

@BoFooQ said:

I see no reason to be impressed, there are a few 20-30 seconds clips that all take place in the opening minutes of the game most likely, since they are on their way to 1313. Combat looks terrible, basic starwars game where you have no talents to start with.

So the lighting and overal graphical fidelity have no effect on you whatsoever? Alright then.

@Cloudenvy said:

I feel like I should tell to you guys that they mentioned this was running on a very high-end PC.

@FritzDude said:

It's running on a very high-end PC? That's totally fine because I happen to have one.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Meowshi

@WinterSnowblind said:

Graphically, it looked amazing. Gameplay wise.. Do we need more third person cover based shooters? I'm getting serious Force Unleashed vibes, and that's definitely not a good thing.

This is dumb. It's a new take on Star Wars. There's never been an M-rated Star Wars anything. There are no lightsabers in this gameplay clip. No force powers. No Boba Fett helms or flamethrowers.

You have no reason to dismiss this game as "just more Star Wars" when so far, nothing about it screams Star Wars.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@NTM: Oh for sure. I'm not saying it's gonna be bad. It was just familiar. I'm looking forward to it. A Star Wars themed Uncharted clone sounds very fun. I'm just hoping it ends up really differentiating itself as well.

Without being as frustrating as Bounty Hunter could be at times. Man, I still love/hate that game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

@Meowshi said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

This is dumb. It's a new take on Star Wars. There's never been an M-rated Star Wars anything. There are no lightsabers in this gameplay clip. No force powers. No Boba Fett helms or flamethrowers.

You have no reason to dismiss this game as "just more Star Wars" when so far, nothing about it screams Star Wars.

Exactly, that's one of the few reasons I made this. If I would just have said "nope, more of the same Star Wars" I wouldn't have made it, 'cause I don't care about Star Wars that much, but since this is different, I did.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

@CrossTheAtlantic: Well, it is a sci-fi, so I'd say right there it's different. The atmosphere and its setting itself can set it apart.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jazzycola

@Bakath: Wouldn't say its the first time that consoles are outdated by the time they come out. PS3 was outdated by the time it came out. It's a fault of the 8-12 month technology cycle that most companies have adopted. By the time you design a console around a current generation of GPUs or CPUs and start manufacturing such hardware, a new generation(if not 2 gens.) of GPUs or CPU will have been released.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jillsandwich

I don't know what you guys see in this.

Also, the M-rating thing just feels pandering. Uncharted does this shit infinitely better than what's in this demo with a T. M-rated things don't really exist in the Star Wars universe, why try to shoehorn it in here?

Whatever, I don't like Star Wars anyway.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By connerthekewlkid

i am almost certain this will be on next gen consoles

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DystopiaX

@FritzDude said:

Half that.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cozmicaztaway

(Emphasis mine)

@TheHBK said:

Dude, Uncharted has ruined 3rd person action games. seriously, what makes this a compelling gameplay experience? Shooting in Star Wars? No thanks. When will Lucas Arts go back to the gameplay from Jedi Knight?

Yeah, I mean, what will they think of next, letting us fly ships or something!? That's not Star Wars! Unless it has a horrible Dance Central-clone in it, I'm not interested because it's just not Star Wars!

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@TheHBK said:

Yeah, like Jedi Knight, the first person SHOOTER.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Sooty

@FritzDude said:

Except this game looks no better than PC versions of The Witcher 2 or Battlefield 3 which certainly do not require $2000 hardware to max out.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheHBK

@Dallas_Raines said:

@TheHBK said:

Yeah, like Jedi Knight, the first person SHOOTER.

Man, who ever used guns in that game after you got the lightsaber? Having to go through the horrible shooting gave you such a sense of relief when you turned on that lightsaber for the first time.

@Cozmicaztaway said:

(Emphasis mine)

@TheHBK said:

Yeah, I mean, what will they think of next, letting us fly ships or something!? That's not Star Wars! Unless it has a horrible Dance Central-clone in it, I'm not interested because it's just not Star Wars!

I am just not a fan of any Star Wars shooters. Including Dark Forces 1, but Jedi Knight got the lightsaber gameplay right. But since then, all we get are prequel games or that stupid Force Unleashed crap where your lightsaber acts a baton. And yes, I love Rogue Squadron, but hey, we haven't had a good one of those in a while either right?

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Panpipe

Oh well.

I'm just happy they're making a halfway decent new Star Wars games. At least from the looks of it.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By triviaman09

Nothing about this game looks like it needs the SW license. Nothing about an M-rated bounty hunter take on the universe with no Jedi is interesting to me. That's not to say the game won't be interesting or fun, but why Star Wars? Obviously, it looks incredible, but this seems a lot like the Prey 2 concept with Star Wars skin on it. Seems a little pointless.

Fuwano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fuwano

I'm really looking forward to this after seeing the video and I'm not even that hugely into Star Wars.

MrTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By MrTom

Sorry to pimp my own stuff, but I was watching the Gametrailers coverage and something about it stuck in my craw:

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really not impressed at all with what I've seen of this so far. A third person shooter with fancy graphics. What else does this have going for it besides the license? I'm definitely waiting for more information before I jump on the "OMGz" train.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By benpicko

Yes, yes I have.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@jillsandwich said:

the M-rating thing just feels pandering

Maybe someone drops shields and their lightsaber pops out.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@connerthekewlkid said:

It depends, are they marketing this is as a "tech demo" or an actual game? I can't imagine they would be showing off games for unannounced systems.

I guess if it's a given that it'll come to the PC, that would give them some wiggle room.

Either, I dunno, it seems alright, but I'm not as in awe as most people. I think they could probably bring this to the 360/PS3 pretty easily, there's not a ton of innovation here, we're just used to seeing really shitty Star Wars games, so when they show something that might be halfway decent, the mind boggles.

I was way more impressed by Watch Dogs personally, has a weird, big brother Person of Interest vibe to it, which, that's the only show on CBS that I give a shit about.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fjordson

@connerthekewlkid said:

It's been known for a while now. Job listings for this at LucasArts described it as an action adventure game for "future generation consoles".

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

I can't imagine they would be showing off games for unannounced systems.

In essence, that's exactly what they're doing. It's just the timing is off with Microsoft and Sony not saying shit about new platforms yet. So they just build a beastly gaming rig and say it's on a high end PC instead while they wait for MS and Sony.

Watch Dogs is a little less clear than this as far as next gen consoles, but Yves Guillemot has said "We've announcedWatch Dogsfor PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 for 2013. The current demo runs on PC and indeed, if we can make a product that looks gorgeous on PC, we can do whatever we want with it later on..." which I think hints that we'll see beefier versions on the next set of consoles down the line. Sort of like how Splinter Cell got a multigenerational release.

bomberman294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bomberman294

i agree... this looks bloody cool... promising enough to share my time playing with it...

fans or not, i just think they'll love this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.