Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Possible comeback of 1313 with to the 2nd SW Anthology film?

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By LocoRocker

So we know now that the second upcoming spin-off Star Wars movie is going to be about Boba Fett and bounty hunters in general.

1313 was supposed to cover similar topics as a cinematic action adventure experience a la Uncharted or Tomb Raider (2013).

Looking at the very polished state of that segment of the game presented a couple of years back and the extremely positive reception what are the chances of Disney picking up the development of the game to potentially tie it into the story of the upcoming movie?

I sure hope that they are secretly working on it right now.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

It most likely ended because it was too expensive, and i'm sure Disney wants it's cgi people working on Star Wars Movies, not games. There's 5 of those movies coming out in the next decade.

I'd love to see it but I just don't think it's what disney is looking for now.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Disney doesn't seem too interested in making game not attached to toys. Never say never but I wouldn't bet on it.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

EA has the exclusive rights to new console games for the Star Wars universe. I do not see them making an Uncharted type of game, but they could maybe do something more third person shooter heavy.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Unfortunately, it's probably safe to say Disney razed all the projects that were on the go before they bought Lucas out, and made sure to salt the earth so they may never rise again.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I remember reading somewhere that the game was itself based off a planned Star Wars spinoff series on HBO that never quite made it out of production. SW1313 is dead, and we're going to have to accept it.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drdarkstryfe said:

I do not see them making an Uncharted type of game, but they could maybe do something more third person shooter heavy.

I think the fact that they brought Amy Hennig on board as creative director means they are almost certainly doing an Uncharted type of game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

No one even knows how much of that game was even really done.

I won't be surprised if they make a Star Wars game like that. Just don't expect it to be related.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@drdarkstryfe said:

I do not see them making an Uncharted type of game, but they could maybe do something more third person shooter heavy.

I think the fact that they brought Amy Hennig on board as creative director means they are almost certainly doing an Uncharted type of game.

There were rumours of an open-world game being in the works. Is that the same one Amy Hennig is working on?

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That logic is far too sensible for giant corporations to put into practice. Best we'll get are re-skins of popular apps.

Was much more interested in 1313 before it was a Boba Fett game. There aren't enough Star Wars stories outside of the OG trilogy and prequels, most try to bridge the gap.

Can't imagine Amy Hennig would want to make another Uncharted esque game after leaving Naughty Dog, but she's a good get for EA if they want to revive 1313 from dusty LucasArts hard drives.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By conmulligan

@a_e_martin said:

There were rumours of an open-world game being in the works. Is that the same one Amy Hennig is working on?

I'm not familiar with that rumour, but I'd be surprised if it wound up being true. I can't imagine a universe where you put Amy Hennig, Visceral Games and Star Wars in a room and don't end up with a tightly-scripted, third-person action-adventure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Probably the likelihood that Call of Duty is pushed to next year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.