Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

So...this is what the TV show is gonna be right?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

"Star Wars: Underworld", the upcoming Star Wars live action series is reportedly set in between episodes 3 and 4 and focuses on Bounty Hunters and the criminal underworld of Coruscant. I'm fairly certain the characters in the demo are digitally scanned actors. So is it likely that this game is tied into that Television show?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DoctorDanger99

doubt it. it'd be great but an annocment of that magnitude would be known by now. i honestly have doubts as to if that show will ever happen.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Master_Funk

I was thinking along those lines, though I think they have completely canned the TV show and replaced it with this game. Even with all the tech, its probably cheaper and less risky to produce than a TV show.

bomberman294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bomberman294

tv show??? nuhh, i think they wouldn't go that far... they're selling right now so i don't think they'll go to take that risk..

Avatar image for arcane_workshop
    Arcane_Workshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Arcane_Workshop

The most recent news I've heard about the series is the Rick McCallum interviews. I don't think they're selling... Lucasfilm would never allow their Star Wars baby to be controlled by anyone other than them. They're still working on how to monetize the series because of their projected budget of 15+ million per episode. Last thats been announced in any official capacity, is that its still happening, just not anytime soon.

It's a good question though, whether the game is attached to the series in some way. Not enough information at present. But I wouldn't take things like digitally scanned actors as confirmation of anything... many maaaany games nowadays do this. They'll even use the same scanned actor for all the mocap, when it isn't really necessary to do that. It's just become common practice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.