Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

What happened to Star Wars 1313 ?

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What happened to Star Wars 1313 ? I was asking this myself a few times, because since E3 there was nothing new and in addition to that Disney took over LucasArts.

So Kotaku has a pretty interesting article about it: http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strange-status-of-star-wars-1313-a-hot-game-with-an-uncertain-future

To sum it up -> An uncertain future this game has! (like Yoda would say)

Oh man ... I hope it will come out one day, because it was looking so nice and it has been such a long time since we had a good Star Wars game. The setting promised so much and it would have been a good opportunity to publish it during launch window for the next gen.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably at this E3 once the new consoles finally get unveiled hopefully.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Hmm. Well that tv show never pick up. ~ Real talk? I think they're going down the Disney Store route, plush things and everything, And family Star Wars stuff. Star Wars Kinect wasn't the last of it, I think. New downloadable games, ex) Xbox ∞ Star Wars Clone Wars app, free-to-play platformer stuff. ~ Just, a bunch of Stuff..

This game, might not fit that model..

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Well that tv show never pick up. ~ Real talk? I think they're going down the Disney Store route, plush things and everything, And family Star Wars stuff. Star Wars Kinect wasn't the last of it, I think. New downloadable games, ex) Xbox ∞ Star Wars Clone Wars app, free-to-play platformer stuff. ~ Just, a bunch of Stuff..

This game, might not fit that model..

Isnt there a quote somewhere that the Disney buyout wont affect the game?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By RVonE
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@rvone said:

Kotatsu indeed. :p

This is a really dumb topic, but I think you just saved it. That sounds ridiculous. Can we just switch over to talking about this?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It got cancelled for The Force Unleashed 3! Yay right?!

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

I hope it gets released on the PS4.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

I enjoy the fact that due to The Force Unleashed 3 never happening, it is canon that Darth Vader was imprisoned by the Rebels, awaiting trial for like war crimes and shit (which was the huge cliffhanger at the end of TFU2), and then nothing comes of it, and at some event like a year or two later in the Star Wars timeline he is just inexplicably free and going about his business.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flindip

Sorry, i think is one of those lame tabloid articles that Kotaku shovels now and again.

I don't buy a word of it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaporware.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

I enjoy the fact that due to The Force Unleashed 3 never happening, it is canon that Darth Vader was imprisoned by the Rebels, awaiting trial for like war crimes and shit (which was the huge cliffhanger at the end of TFU2), and then nothing comes of it, and at some event like a year or two later in the Star Wars timeline he is just inexplicably free and going about his business.

I want to play part 2 simply because I played the first one. What a bad (now) game.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hunkulese

@ennosuke said:

What happened to Star Wars 1313 ? I was asking this myself a few times, because since E3 there was nothing new and in addition to that Disney took over LucasArts.

So Kotaku has a pretty interesting article about it: http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strange-status-of-star-wars-1313-a-hot-game-with-an-uncertain-future

To sum it up -> An uncertain future this game has! (like Yoda would say)

Oh man ... I hope it will come out one day, because it was looking so nice and it has been such a long time since we had a good Star Wars game. The setting promised so much and it would have been a good opportunity to publish it during launch window for the next gen.

I didn't really see anything that would make me optimistic that it's going to be a good game. From what they showed it looks like a pretty generic 3rd person shooter. If everything else is pretty on the PS4 then it's just a generic 3rd person shooter without jedis.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

But how could they charge him for his war crimes if the Empire WAS the government st that point?

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

But how could they charge him for his war crimes if the Empire WAS the government at that point?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

But how could they charge him for his war crimes if the Empire WAS the government at that point?

Meh, lots of rebel groups treat themselves as fully fledged nations with a legal system and the capacity to charge someone for war crimes. During the American Civil War, the Confederacy considered itself a government, and I imagine they were perfectly comfortable trying people for various crimes, regardless of how brief their government's existence was.

Granted, the Rebels in Star Wars are a weird case because they don't really hold any territory, and are instead an underground resistance that frequently has to move location, so I really have no idea what kind of trial (public or otherwise) they intended to hold for Vader.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@connerthekewlkid said:

@bisonhero said:

@awesomeusername said:

Nay. Also, I'm lying.

Meh, lots of rebel groups treat themselves as fully fledged nations with a legal system and the capacity to charge someone for war crimes. During the American Civil War, the Confederacy considered itself a government, and I imagine they were perfectly comfortable trying people for various crimes, regardless of how brief their government's existence was.

Granted, the Rebels in Star Wars are a weird case because they don't really hold any territory, and are instead an underground resistance that frequently has to move location, so I really have no idea what kind of trial (public or otherwise) they intended to hold for Vader.

More likely they were probably going to hold him for ransom or something but i dont remeber much about the ending to force unleashed 2 anyway

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah now i do remember last week they said that the episode of the clone wars this week would be in 1313 to get a sneek peak at the location so they obviously still plan on making the game.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By triumvir

Yeah. I'd take the stuff Kotaku puts out there with a grain of salt. That said, if 1313 doesn't make a big showing by the end of E3, you can be fairly certain that the game has had funding severely cut or has been put on indefinite hold. It's not surprising. With Disney in charge, LucasArts now comes under the supervision of a group of suits that oriented Disney Interactive toward mobile/casual development after that Tron game was a hot pile of mediocrity. It's a real shame, too. Even under new ownership, LucasArts is still running into the problem of producing a really promising product only to have a new set of execs come in and put a damper on development in favor of a new vision.

Now, only Johnny V can save 1313. God help us.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@triumvir said:

Yeah. I'd take the stuff Kotaku puts out there with a grain of salt. That said, if 1313 doesn't make a big showing by the end of E3, you can be fairly certain that the game has had funding severely cut or has been put on indefinite hold. It's not surprising. With Disney in charge, LucasArts now comes under the supervision of a group of suits that oriented Disney Interactive toward mobile/casual development after that Tron game was hot pile of mediocrity. It's a real shame, too. Even under new ownership, LucasArts is still running into the problem of producing a really promising product only to have a new set of execs come in and put a damper on development in favor of a new vision.

Now, only Johnny V can save 1313. God help us.

No Caption Provided

Someone please attach a Star Wars cape or something. I can't Photoshop. I could maybe use Paint. (Awful). ~ I trust my game in Johnny V's hands.. God help us all.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems improbable that Kotaku had a great article about anything.

Back on topic, I'm sure we'll be hearing LOTS about this game at E3 this year, and I'm sure it'll be a launch title for PS4 and the new Xbox. It will be a mediocre Star Wars themed cinematic action game, and it will receive above average to very high scores from critics. It will enjoy very high sales.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By John1912

I havent followed this game really since seeing the first trailer. Is there ACTUALLY any real hope this will not suck balls? Im trying to think of a Star Wars game I respect and I prob have to go back to KoTOR.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep your eyes open at E3.

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ennosuke

As you can see, this happened to Star Wars 1313.

Thanks Disney!

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To be fair to disney - 1313 was likely dead long before the acquisition.. That E3 demo was as far as it probably got.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like all other Star Wars games, cancelled. Thanks Disney, we want more Epic "Fail" Mickeys!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like all other Star Wars games, cancelled. Thanks Disney, we want more Epic "Fail" Mickeys!

BOO!

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medalofmode said:

BOO!

I'm scared

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.