Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars 1313

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Players would have taken the role of a bounty hunter in this gritty third-person shooter set in the Star Wars universe. After the shuttering of LucasArts, the game has been canceled.

Why are people excited about this?

• 97 results
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks 1313 looks pretty good? I mean it's Uncharted in a Star Wars skin. And the very small segments they showed barely showed any character interactions or witty humor and banter which what made Nathan Drake so good.

I don't know. I just don't see it.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Looks good.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@White said:

I mean it's a poor man's Uncharted in a Star Wars skin.

fixed.

I don't understand it either.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheHumanDove

Uncharted starwars...

Im sorry, how is that NOT a good thing?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

It's a technical achievement. That's it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@BestUsernameEver said:

Looks good.

This. As in graphically. They've shown almost nothing of any substance, but what little we've seen looks -again, graphically- amazing.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flindip

Technically it looks amazing. We have no idea how the game is going to be mechanically. We do not know enough one way or another, its only a tech demo.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

@CrazyBagMan: I'm sorry but I was watching those 1080p videos and... They don't look as supremely awesome as Nathan Drake with his... I dunno... "Unsmooth human-like skin"

I'm sure there are other games that look even better than that. Like Heavy Rain. The character models look good there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't quite understand it either. I mean it does look good, but I really don't get people flipping their shit over it.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akyho

@CrazyBagMan said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Looks good.

This. As in graphically. They've shown almost nothing of any substance, but what little we've seen looks -again, graphically- amazing.

This. Plus the promises of "Mature Bounty Hunter Star Wars Story" and then all possible thoughts peoples imagination's take them to.

Everyone else, Don't sound so repressed folks, that you must shout out "Its a poor mans Uncharted!" meaning "Dont play it! Its stealing! It wont be as good! its copying! burn it now!" Since as we should by now, nothing is unique and original any more. Makes you sound like a 12 year old.

If anything you could get away with "Uncharted-like" since it so far strongly resemblance of Uncharted in star wars.

PS

We all know its dangerous to get excited. Prey 2 is an example... that showed off and sold us on more.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Draxyle

I have to wonder as well. This is Star Wars in the modern era. Odds are stacked way against them that it will actually be a good game.

I will admit that it does look like it has better chance than most Star Wars games, but it's still too early to tell.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By GaspoweR

Here's the thing people should stop trying to be pessimists and say that because its following the uncharted formua that its NOT exciting. If you are not excited about it than thats your opinion. Saying that said game is copying elements of another successful game in order to convince or make people realize that they shoudnt get excited over it is pointless. People have other reasons of getting excited and usually hearing news, seeing a game in action can evoke that kind of response from people.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
    not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By not_a_bumblebee

It looks pretty and it is mature and gritty looking Star Wars thing.   The game play isn't as important as the idea of this is the kind of awesome looking shit the next generation of consoles can pull off.  

What is there to get?  The game is years off and any gameplay footage or hints at story elements are most likely subject to change.  

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Undeadpool

Yeah, yeah, everything is terrible forever. Except that game you like, despite it's flaws it's the greatest game ever made.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GaspoweR

If your not excited about it then your not excited about it. You dont need to be convinced or find confirmation from others since thats what you feel towards it. Excitement is a very subjective emotional response.

offsprnvid24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By offsprnvid24

The Game looks great graphically but if they cannot offer anything new game play wise then can it truly be called next generation?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By probablytuna

I actually wasn't wowed by the visuals of 1313. I mean it certainly looks great, but I didn't get that mind-blowing moment when I first saw it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

I don't like Star Wars, but the chance that a lightsaber will be a damn lightsaber again, instead of a glowing wiffle ball bat? I'm excited at that prospect.

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bio595

Oh, I see. It looks good for next-gen consoles.

Ok, what about Star Wars, without force powers or not, is exciting?

I've only seen the films and it was a while ago, but what does that universe have to offer?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Questionable

1. It is supposedly finally introducing moral grey areas in a world that has been high contrast black vs white \ good guys vs bad guys since its inception

2. Visuals look stunning (first peek at a next gen title?)

3. M rated gritty violence for a series that if released today would fit perfectly in nickelodeons roster.

4. No more wizards!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Jimbo

Poor taste.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedRoach

It's a new and interesting take on Star Wars, excited to see something that doesn't have jedi. Granted, it's not the most creative game ever nut it still looks like an interesting game.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RedRoach

@bio595 said:

I've only seen the films and it was a while ago, but what does that universe have to offer?

All of the best Star Wars games didn't have jedi or the force powers. Republic Commando, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Battlefront, all of them are top tier amazing games, and none of them have lightsabers or the force. There's a lot to the SW universe other than just the jedi. And this takes place between the trilogies so there really aren't much Jedi in the world. And it's introducing grey morality to a universe that in the past has been ENTIRELY black and white.

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bio595

@RedRoach said:

@bio595 said:

All of the best Star Wars games didn't have jedi or the force powers. Republic Commando, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Battlefront, all of them are top tier amazing games, and none of them have lightsabers or the force. There's a lot to the SW universe other than just the jedi. And this takes place between the trilogies so there really aren't much Jedi in the world. And it's introducing grey morality to a universe that in the past has been ENTIRELY black and white.

Sorry, let me clarify. What is great about the Star Wars fiction that makes it exciting as opposed to some other sci-fi universe like Mass Effect? What cool shit can they leverage from extended fiction?

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NekuCTR

It looks good, and by that I mean it looks almost as good as the hundreds of better looking PC games I already own.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By M_Shini

Well there wasn't much else at E3 least not for me to get hyped over, it's the next best thing i suppose.

Besides it doesn't look like its bad, if it turns into a similar quality uncharted go for it, and there's still so much more to see of it, and new IP's are pretty kool to see as well. I'm not under into star wars but i can't say i dislike the world of star wars, i do enjoy the setting.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By niamahai

Because we dare to dream.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Barrock

@bio595 said:

@RedRoach said:

@bio595 said:

Sorry, let me clarify. What is great about the Star Wars fiction that makes it exciting as opposed to some other sci-fi universe like Mass Effect? What cool shit can they leverage from extended fiction?

Without Star Wars there wouldn't be a Mass Effect. Star Wars has a plethora of neat alien races and technology. If you're including the expanded universe then it gets even weirder and cooler.

If the idea of being a bounty hunter stuck in the middle of an underground lair teeming with the most ruthless and despicable crime lords in the galaxy doesn't sound potentially neat to you then I don't know what would.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust

@Akyho said:

Plus the promises of "Mature Bounty Hunter Star Wars Story" and then all possible thoughts peoples imagination's take them to.

This. It's the idea of exploring the seedier side of the Star Wars universe is intriguing. I remember when I was a kid, my friend and I would imagine what the legendary Clone Wars were like. Well, then Lucas made those movies and all our dreams were destroyed. The point is, though, before we saw the prequels, our imaginations created something exciting to fill in the unknown.

I believe it's going to be a next-gen system game, although a version might come out for current/WiiU consoles, so of course it looks pretty. From what I understand, the guy in the demo is just a place holder for some other, probably Boba Fett, character.

We'll see when it comes around in 2013 or '14 (release dates always change these days).

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sungahymn

Don't ask me.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@ShaggE said:

I don't like Star Wars, but the chance that a lightsaber will be a damn lightsaber again, instead of a glowing wiffle ball bat? I'm excited at that prospect.

The protag is an assassin, not a Jedi or Sith. No lightsaber.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Devil240Z

How does it not look cool? I only know what I've heard from brads ramblings about it but it sounds dope.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MeierTheRed

@SeriouslyNow said:

@ShaggE said:

The protag is an assassin, not a Jedi or Sith. No lightsaber.

Bounty Hunter my good sir.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It reminds me of the amount of hype Force Unleashed had. It looks good.. but that's about it.

Perhaps it'll turn out okay, but from what little we saw, it looked very generic. It's nice they're staying away from the typical Jedi stuff, but I give it until the second mission before you're stealing Death Star plans, turn out to be Han Solo's brother, become a Jedi for some reason or tied into the movies in some other ridiculous way.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vodun

Even if it does look technically awesome, at some point you just have to wonder when this actually comes through. Sure it looks great in a screenshot, but when you're running and shooting you're not going to stop and ponder how pretty the lighting effects coming off your gun are...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By CL60

What purpose do topics like this serve other than to try and downplay other peoples opinions and say yours is right? People think it looks good from what we've saw. Leave it at that, stop complaining that others like different things.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By DeF

@White: 95% because of its visuals. 5% because the LucasArts dudes said it won't have any of that crap from the prequel trilogy and will be m-rated and "dark". but the pretty particles and lighting are basically the thing everyone latches on to at the moment.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By musubi

Because there is nothing else on the market remotely close to doing what this game is doing from a technical standpoint. As Brad pointed out from his demo these guys are running the game on the most to end PC hardware you can buy today and BARELY being able to push 30fps that in itself should tell you a ton if you've ever seen Witcher 2 maxed out.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Hizang

Please tell me the last time you played a good single player focussed Star Wars game?

There is your answer.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By guiseppe

Stunning graphics and the hope for a good Star Wars game. It's the latter part that has me interested.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By AndrewB

@TheHumanDove said:

Uncharted starwars...

Im sorry, how is that NOT a good thing?

This.

And when it comes to the Star Wars franchise, I think people are willing to take what they can get.

I'm still waiting for a new Jedi Knight game. Then again, maybe not. I can't imagine the character of Kyle Katarn really has a lot more places to go by now.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By coakroach

The prospect of next gen graphics and a Star Wars game without lame Jedi vs Sith stuff excites some people, not me personally, but it's easy to understand.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Why are people excited about any game ever?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By grilledcheez

Graphics at the moment since we know next to nothing about the game.

nasseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nasseh

@ShaggE: This likely won't be the game that does that, as last I heard the developers won't be incorporating any Jedi or force powers into the game at all.

Anyway, echoing the words already written, this game looks graphically incredible. It'll probably be a while until we see it again, but I'm interested to see how it will develop.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah the graphics are pretty and the gameplay looks passably fun, but yeah Uncharted was totally about the crazy situations and the quips. Oh those quips.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By warxsnake

because there is no jar jar 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Because it's a PC game that was falsely advertised as a console game. I can't afford an iPad, but if you show me the latest iPad game and tell me it's running on a shitty phone such as mine (sony ericsson), I'd be thrilled. 
    While simultaneously making fun of iPads because that's how I deal with feeling inferior. iPads are a joke! 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#49  Edited By StarvingGamer
    • Amazing graphics
    • "Mature" Star Wars? One can hope!

And the biggest one of all

• Aesthetic resembling the original trilogy
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By CL60
    @AhmadMetallic
    Because it's a PC game that was falsely advertised as a console game. I can't afford an iPad, but if you show me the latest iPad game and tell me it's running on a shitty phone such as mine (sony ericsson), I'd be thrilled. 
    While simultaneously making fun of iPads because that's how I deal with feeling inferior. iPads are a joke! 
    What are you talking about? They clearly stated "this is running on a high end PC." but regardless, how does that have anything to do with this topic?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.