Ex Lucasarts employee responds to 99% complete statement

#1 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

So unsuspectingly a Lucasrts employee has finally responded to the allegations of battlefront 3 begin 99% and his response is kind of hilarious

This 99 percent complete stuff is just bullsh*t," the ex-employee told GameSpot. "A generous estimate would be 75 percent of a mediocre game."

He also went on to say that couldn't meet deadlines for the game and used half their assets for the game to try and work on haze

So i know we all pretty much though all of this already but it is still interesting to hear

http://www.gamespot.com/news/former-lucasarts-employee-on-why-star-wars-battlefront-iii-failed-6400936?tag=Topslot;WhyStarWarsBattlefrontIiiFailed;WhyStarWarsBattlefron

#2 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

Disney needs to get DICE to make this game now.

#3 Posted by vikingdeath1 (972 posts) -

@believer258: YES PLEASE!

#4 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

We are living in a world where you cannot play Star Wars Battlefront OR Timesplitters on next-gen consoles via a bloody online service. Get it fixed. NOW!

#5 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

Yeah, it was obviously BS used to drum up re-interest in the game.

#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

He also went on to say that couldn't meet deadlines for the game and used half their assets for the game to try and work on haze

And we all know how well that went for Silicon Knights when they did the same thing for X-Men Destiny!

But like you said, we all knew this was just some BS to save face and try and make it seem like Free Radical was anything but mismanaged during the end.

#7 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

And we all know how well that went for Silicon Knights when they did the same thing for X-Men Destiny!

But like you said, we all knew this was just some BS to save face and try and make it seem like Free Radical was anything but mismanaged during the end.

Oh man, you had to go on and depress me about Silicon Knights....just when I was starting to get over it....

#8 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

I can't really trust anonymous sources especially ones that seem like they are out for blood and not just to clarify information, but I do believe the finish production was likely closer to 75% then 99%.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.