LiveStream Appears Online. Still Dead.

#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

This is not even news. But someone just ended a Battlefront III livestream. Video got archived. i just started watching. It looks alright.

Game Informer: Star Wars: Battlefront III Live Stream Appears Online

http://www.twitch.tv/ptoponline/c/2241950

So.. This doesn't look anything like something Disney would approve, re-jigger.

Free Radical co-founder Steve Ellis, the developer who was working on Star Wars: Battlefront III, said the game was 99% complete before it was cancelled. According to Ellis, it was in the bug-testing phases of development.

#2 Edited by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: I'm watching it and it looks pretty far from finished. Lot's of texture work needs to be done, there's tons of missing art icons everywhere. Some sound issues as well as a decent framerate.

I like the BF2142 drop pods though. The ship combat actually looks pretty fun. It's really interesting how they combined the space fights/aerial battles and land battles into one large battlefield. Given how large that one map in the beginning looks I really wonder if it would have even been possible to work on current gen consoles, although it doesn't look like the capital ships have large interiors. Could be wrong though.

LOL at Yoda's 12 ft lightsaber.

edit:The ship interiors are actually pretty decent sized.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15174 posts) -

I still find it bizarre a project 99% complete gets canceled.

#4 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Watching a bit more this looks really awesome conceptually. This really could have given Battlefield some competition. I would like to see how it runs without bots for a better framerate if possible.

Speaking of which Battlefront 2 is on sale on Steam for $3.39!! Can't get cheaper than that.

#5 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1843 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

I still find it bizarre a project 99% complete gets canceled.

That was pretty much Free Radical exaggerating to get people on there side when they tried to call out Lucasarts.

Even if the game never came out and it couldve been awesome, they still always made Haze sooooooo.....

#7 Posted by mano521 (1232 posts) -
#8 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

@mano521: I honestly think there's only maybe a couple hundred thousand who played the original two on consoles who really want the game and are very vocal about it. It's a specific age range that i suspect are in their early twenties now.

#10 Edited by Reisz (1527 posts) -

Why hasn't someone just kickstarted this?

#11 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1843 posts) -

@benny said:

@mano521: I honestly think there's only maybe a couple hundred thousand who played the original two on consoles who really want the game and are very vocal about it. It's a specific age range that i suspect are in their early twenties now.

I just bought it today on the steam sale and there alot more full servers than you would expect?

#13 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

@reisz said:

Why hasn't someone just kickstarted this?

...because Disney owns the rights to Star Wars? O____O

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

@jakob187: ?! Disney should auction off the rights to Kickstart it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.