One Full Hour of Battlefront III Footage

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Some super dude, origin story unknown, playing Battlefront III - and it's legit. Guessing that's what's happening due to the Free Radical's demise of last week.

It's in really rough shape. We rarely get to see games that early in developement. Quite interesting to see it like this. Shame this puppy will never grow up to play with the big dogs.

#2 Posted by TwoArmed (110 posts) -

He has been putting up footage for a while now actually. It's too bad that Free Radical was getting screwed by LucasArts if the reports are to be believed - and they sound believable - as they maybe could have made something decent. The problem is that it seems like it was just going to be Battlefront II, Part Two, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as I personally like that game, but it doesn't appear that they were really changing it. It's too bad that it means the demise of the tech they were using to allow you to go from space to land and back at will at any point in time. Hopefully that concept finds its way into the (inevitable?) Battlefront III somewhere down the line. Hopefully LucasArts hasn't decided to just can the Battlefront franchise the way it's rumored that they have done to the Force Unleashed franchise (I have no attachment to that series, but it's weird they would can a successful franchise). Maybe one will be made by the end of the next console cycle...

#3 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

Just saying you are working on Battlefront 3 gets me extremely excited. Showing me a very rough and early product of Battlefront 3 gets me way less excited.

#4 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Dude. Magic can happen. Republic Commando should be next on the list even though Pandemic is dead/

#5 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

Need to download to my computer before they get rid of it..... MUST HURRY, the truth will be known!

#6 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

lol 15 seconds in "do not redistribute," oh internet.

#7 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Dude. Magic can happen. Republic Commando should be next on the list even though Pandemic is dead/

0__0 wat I never knew commando was pandemic

is there a kickstarter for dead developers?? cause i would gladly forkover money just to have them making games again

#8 Posted by CJduke (782 posts) -

Battlefront II was a cool game, too bad this one won't make it

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Look on the bright side: at least the guys are working on Homefront 2, meaning that Homefront 2 could totally not suck.

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Yes! I will buy all the copies if RC2 ever sees the light of day.

#11 Posted by emem (1961 posts) -

Watching that video totally makes me want to play another Jedi Knight game. It was so much fun when Star Wars was still Star Wars. 

I wonder if I will still be around for the inevitable Star Wars (movie) reboot, when George Lucas bites the dust. After J. J. Abrams version of Star Trek (a masterpiece imho) I'm actually kinda looking forward to it... aaaanyway, the Battlefront 3 game looks pretty cool to me, too bad it's unfinished.

#12 Posted by Purpz (81 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Look on the bright side: at least the guys are working on Homefront 2, meaning that Homefront 2 could totally not suck.

But does anyone really want Homefront 2?

#13 Posted by FinalDasa (1491 posts) -

Knowing that this was being worked on actively makes me even more sad that it might not come out. Turning the sometimes self serious universe into a more arcade and competitive game seemed to fit the Star Wars universe. This series was a bit of fresh air compared to the KOTORs of the time. Now it would be the same with the Star Wars Kinects of our time.

#14 Posted by MrMazz (917 posts) -

Man so bummed this game didn't make it. Battle Front 1 was my first online shooter it was pretty fun, controls were stiff but eh it's old. BF2 took a while to get used to the changes but it was fun enough. These and KOTOR are my favorite Star Wars games.

#15 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Seppli: Ptponline (Past to Present) is a well known poster of beta/alpha game footage. He's been doing this a while now.

#16 Posted by believer258 (11630 posts) -

The idea of a Battlefront 3 has tons of potential but I don't think it could ever reach the incredible heights that nostalgia's satisfaction demands.

#17 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

@spartanlolz92 said:

@Kyreo said:

0__0 wat I never knew commando was pandemic

is there a kickstarter for dead developers?? cause i would gladly forkover money just to have them making games again

there might be something for kickstarting pandemic but I think the rights to the IP were sold to someone. I'd love to know where they went.

#18 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

This is really interesting especially since isn't Lucasarts really secretive with most of their stuff this early on in production? I would have figured they would be all over stopiing people from seeing this kinda rough footage. Fuck though, I really wanted this to come out.

#19 Posted by mano521 (1215 posts) -

@believer258 said:

The idea of a Battlefront 3 has tons of potential but I don't think it could ever reach the incredible heights that nostalgia's satisfaction demands.

Exactly. I honestly really hope they do another one. But i feel my expectations of it are way too high for the types of companies that usually work on these games

#20 Posted by Kaiserhawk (62 posts) -

Salt, on the wounds.

#21 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1317 posts) -

:(

#22 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

dmca!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.