Perhaps Battlefront III is still alive...

#1 Posted by Lava (626 posts) -

I'd be really excited for a Battlefront III game. My college buddies and I played a lot of Battlefront II last year and would love to see an even bigger and better one on this generation of hardware. This could all be false but who knows, anyone else want to see a Battlefront III?

http://kotaku.com/5882870/strike-down-star-wars-battlefront-iii-and-it-becomes-more-powerful-than-you-can-possibly-imagine

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

I think you're right.

http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs_position_designsrcombat.html

"Spark is looking for a senior combat designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure sequel in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently greenlit for full production development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets. The Senior Combat Designer will be responsible for collaborating on developing game design systems, AI behaviors, player mechanics, and game balancing, tuning and timing for a third-person action shooter on current-gen consoles."

#3 Posted by IBurningStar (2145 posts) -

I'm not even a Star Wars fan and I loved the Battlefront games. I gladly welcome another entry in that series.

#4 Posted by Vestigial_Man (308 posts) -

I want this to be real so badly! Those games were brilliant and I'd love to see how big the battles could get on modern hardware. If this is a thing I am buying it day 1.

#5 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

ITS DESERVES TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by Lava (626 posts) -

I'm hoping we hear something at E3 about this, seems like it would be a good game to come out this holiday season, especially towards the possible end of these console lines, I think a lot of people would buy this game and it would give the consoles a little boost. I can also imagine a lot of DLC happening for this game, a lot of maps and ships and all sorts of things. The original two had so much content and so much to do it would be awesome if this one matched that. Imagine the scale of MAG (256 people online) but in Star Wars, it would be amazing if they nailed that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.