Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Episode I - Racer

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 30, 1999

Based on the podracing scene in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Racer is a fast-paced arcade-style racing game where players pilot dangerous anti-gravity vehicles known as "podracers".

Was there a clear "best" racer in this game?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Because I'm pretty sure, in retrospect, that I only used Neva Kee, and that I could always dominate other racers. Sebulba wasn't even close. I remember second best, at least in my time trials, being Mars Guo.

Nerd Alert, people. Nerd Alert.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By buzz_clik

Man, I haven't played that game for donkey's! Y'know what, though? You've now put it in my head I should play it when I get home and find out who the best racer is.

Luckily my N64 is still hooked up to the telly, and (not as luckily) my 360 currently has Red Ring Fever, so it's perfect timing! Yer a gem, cheers!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Haha.

Glad I could spur some memories. Watching Youtube videos of Episode I: Racer makes me pine for it really badly. The track design was so good, and all the racers had distinct feels.

What a classic racing game.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Yeah that game rocked. Nintendo should totally release it on the Virtual Console.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Endogene

Great game, i usually used banana guy, not sure of his name but his ship was yellow and resembled the form of a banana, hence "banana guy".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.