Any word on when the Bomb crew is going to start playing?

#1 Posted by CrimsonClown (134 posts) -

It's getting pretty close to shut down now. Anyone heard any news on when they're planning on starting the video series?

#2 Edited by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

Here you go Duder.

#3 Posted by AuthenticM (3762 posts) -

@ABritishNerd: I don't know about your nerd status, but judging from the screencap, you really are British.

#4 Posted by CrimsonClown (134 posts) -

@ABritishNerd: Ah I thought that was the actual date for the shutdown, cheers.

#5 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

@ABritishNerd: I don't know about your nerd status, but judging from the screencap, you really are British.

I don't get it?

#6 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@benpicko: The times are GMT

#7 Posted by Mijati (939 posts) -

@CrimsonClown: That's what I believe too and hence this being a perfectly valid question. Jeff put that date in there months and months ago, there's no way there'll have planned when they'll "start" playing (assuming that's what they'll do, just like they did with Matrix Online, playing a couple of weeks in advance).

I guess they'll announce it when they're ready to. But one thing is for sure, it'll be sad when that upcoming event isn't there any more :(

#8 Edited by adoggz (2070 posts) -

i think i remember jeff saying that he's played a bit somewhere.

oh and i tried to play a bit awhile ago, that game fucking suuuuuuuuuucks. dont play it.

#9 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

the time's been on the front page every since they started doing those front page events....  dunno how you missed it. 

#10 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -

@Hulsey90 said:

@benpicko: The times are GMT

Oh... I looked at the times and saw 6am (the usual quick look time) and didn't think anything of it.

#11 Posted by Giefcookie (608 posts) -

The servers (or server) go down on the 15th so I'd assume they will start the series earlier.

#12 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

I can't recall exactly where I heard it, it might have been on the podcast or one of the live events, but I remember Jeff saying that they had been in contact with someone about getting some characters set up.

#13 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4642 posts) -

@adoggz said:

i think i remember jeff saying that he's played a bit somewhere.

oh and i tried to play a bit awhile ago, that game fucking suuuuuuuuuucks. dont play it.

That's kind of why it's shutting down...no one played it. And you can't sign up even if you wanted to anymore. They disabled signups and re-subscribing some time ago so if you didn't get in before that then you're screwed.

#14 Edited by VilhelmNielsen (1738 posts) -

Pretty sure someone played it around the shutdown of new subscriptions. My guess is they'll wait till the end, and play it then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.