Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 26, 2003

A massively multiplayer game set in the Star Wars universe, Star Wars Galaxies shifted focus several times but never escaped the shadow of World of Warcraft. In December 2011, the game was shut down in preparation for the launch of BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Every once in a while...

ColonelT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ColonelT

...I feel an urge to return to this game. I think of my old mansion on Talus, my YT-1300 freighter, my Jedi Knight.

That usually lasts about 20-30 seconds, then I move on.

Homes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Homes

My friend introduced me to this game a few years back when it was dead. The environment is riddled with ghost towns and houses of people who deactivated their accounts. We saw maybe one or two high level people a day and waved. I just remember building our own mining structures and questing. For the one and a half month I played, it was pretty fun and worth the $15. However, once my character reached level 55 the quest line just ended and my friend informed me the developers had just stopped working on the game. So kinda sad this MMO died because of the NGE but I had my fun with a couple of friends even in a deserted world. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I loved the flying, really I freaking loved it.
    The rest wasn't too grand sadly.
    When they announced SWTOR I could only hope they'd take the Galaxies flying combat and put it in.
    But this on rails Rogue Squadron stuff suits me fine too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.