GB Community unite!

#1 Edited by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

I remember a few bombcasts ago there was comfirmation that the bomb squad would cover galaxies right before the old republic launched, but now they are shutting down galaxies, so we need to get in there as a community and start preping. I have started my account up and am already starting a new character, so whos in?

EDIT: we need to wait until they announce their server, since there are to many on that list to guess or we're just going to play it by ear when this starts up.

#2 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Free 45 days is still going isn't it? If it is, I'm in. I just uninstalled it yesterday lol

#3 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -
@CL60
I reinstalled it yesterday and fortune smiled upon me! Also im still hyped for the old republic, so im gonna use galaxies to keep me over.
#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@UnrealDP said:
@CL60: I reinstalled it yesterday and fortune smiled upon me! Also im still hyped for the old republic, so im gonna use galaxies to keep me over.
I was going to do that, but I got mad bored from the questing alone on Tatooine. One of my quests was like 14000 meters away, and took forever to get there, even on my speeder.
#5 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -
@CL60
Yeah, i always listen to bombcasts or quest with friends to avoid that being the grind it is.
#6 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

The GB crew says a lot of things....

#7 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I think I will jump in.

#8 Posted by JCTango (1361 posts) -

I last logged into SOE SWG servers at least 5-6 years ago.  I have no intention on returning xD.

Have fun though yuckin' it up in there though guys.

#9 Posted by Matt (962 posts) -

Let me find out what server my max level bounty hunter is on. Pascual shall return

#10 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Man, I played this a couple months back and the RP server was booming. Can't believe they're really shutting it down.

#11 Posted by Brackynews (4060 posts) -

@blacklabeldomm said:

They also plan ahead.

#12 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@Brackynews: this makes me pretty effing excited. Seeing as i just cancelled my eve online account i might jump into an awful mmo!

#13 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Man, they need to put some server info out there so we can start this good and proper!!!!!

This ain't no matrix online, there are atleast ten servers on that list and im no forune teller!!!!!

#14 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@UnrealDP said:

Man, they need to put some server info out there so we can start this good and proper!!!!!

This ain't no matrix online, there are atleast ten servers on that list and im no forune teller!!!!!

christ, how are they still funding 10 servers? has the game just become a financial black hole?

#15 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

@jadeskye:

Server financing wizardry is beyond my tiny grasp....

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I'd join but I'd spend all my time doing flight missions, proper love those!

#17 Edited by BasketSnake (1194 posts) -

They should make you aware of which server they intend to play on so that the GB community players can camp the spaceports with private buffers. Update - after several messages exchanged with customer service I have retrieved my old account from when the game started. I might have a ton of stuff when I log on. Look me up in-game now or later. My nickname is chocograph.

Ten minutes in and I receive my first cash spam mail. Five minutes later I'm approached by Oddwan, a player I used to play with seven years ago. The lizard was still there. Our old town was gone but I placed my old house and it had all the items in it as I left it seven years ago. Crazy.

#18 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3261 posts) -
@Brackynews said:

@blacklabeldomm said:

They also plan ahead.

So this is not until December? Why announce it so early? 
#19 Posted by FateOfNever (1830 posts) -

I've been really tempted to start up an account for this since the announcement.  I remember playing a trial several years back and kind of just going "Meh".  But, knowing that it's going to shut down, I kind of want to see it, and experience it.  At the same time, I can't help but wonder if it would really be worth throwing the money down the drain on it... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.