Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 26, 2003

A massively multiplayer game set in the Star Wars universe, Star Wars Galaxies shifted focus several times but never escaped the shadow of World of Warcraft. In December 2011, the game was shut down in preparation for the launch of BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I feel a great disturbance in the force

SgtMustang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SgtMustang

So, SWG is finally kicking the bucket. I'm suprised, since last time I remember playing the game (a year or two ago) it was an utter ghost town, surprised it lasted so long. Kinda funny, back when they did the Matrix Online live, I asked them if they were gonna do an Endurance Run of SWG, they actually responded saying something to the point of "Yea, we'll do that when it gets shut down too".

It's quite cathartic for me to be reading about the game shutting down after that and remembering all the good experiences I had in the game. It had a really awesome space combat component, one which I got really into, unfortunately it didn't have much depth at endgame, and I could seldom find someone to PVP with. I even came back to the game just to get the 8 player gunboats they released a couple years back, but there weren't nearly enough players left that were actually interested in the space component. Does anyone know if SWTOR will have a strong space component to it? That's the only thing that could possibly make me interested in that otherwise seemingly bland game.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sayishere

Yeah man the Jump to lightspeed expansion was pretty amazing, space PVP was quite fun as well....was very bad it. A highlight for me was Roleplaying as Han Solo while in space :D.

SgtMustang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SgtMustang

Hah, personally my favorite part of space was bringing up people in a POB (I had a Nova Cruiser first then a YT-1300 I think) and grinding their space experience, I used to advertise in Mos Eisley to take people up and grind them, I met a few good friends doing that. Not to mention the time I looted the supposedly ridiculously rare (and ugly) Black Sun Helmet :D

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.