Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Adventures Now $10 On Steam

#1 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

The Star Wars Galaxies:  Complete Adventures pack is now 50% off on Steam ($10). 

I've heard mixed things about the Galaxies games, but is it worth getting into for such a low price? 
Another quick question for anyone who might know, are there still monthly fees?  

#2 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" The Star Wars Galaxies:  Complete Adventures pack is now 50% off on Steam ($10).  I've heard mixed things about the Galaxies games, but is it worth getting into for such a low price? Another quick question for anyone who might know, are there still monthly fees?   "
Yes there are still monthly fees, and I'm not sure how the game is now but ever since SOE fucked it up it probably won't be the same, but at 10$ it seems like a good deal.
#3 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@Bucketdeth I have little experience with MMOs, but would I get a free month if I purchased it off of Steam? 
#4 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @Bucketdeth I have little experience with MMOs, but would I get a free month if I purchased it off of Steam?  "
Hmm that depends, it should say on the info page of when you purchase the game.
#5 Posted by Sanj (2365 posts) -

Long story short: It used to be good, then NGE happened.

#6 Posted by Metal_Mills (2986 posts) -

The game used to be pretty fun now it just sucks.

#7 Posted by AllThatBacon (519 posts) -
@Sanj said:
" Long story short: It used to be good, then NGE happened. "
Yep. Get a hold of a real copy and check out SWGEmu instead.
#8 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

I bought it and i gotta say this game is a surprise. Everyone and their moms said it was good at launch and they they screwed it, but I don't care, i didn't played back then. The product is now very fleshed out, lots of things to do. Honestly i wasn't expecting that but i might play more than a month!

#9 Posted by Evilsbane (4582 posts) -

I have heard so many different viewpoints on the game so I find it to be a risk I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

#10 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

You've spent 10$ on way worse, i'm sure.

I did anyway, thats why i tried it. And so far its great. The space combat by itself is pretty cool.

#11 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Please do not start a Pre NGE stuff on here! That has been talked to death. But the only people who have a problem with it are the people who played Pre NGE, so them saying it sucks should not stop you from trying it now. Infact if you did not play Pre NGE, you will find this a solid themepark Sci FI MMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.