I finally got to play this!

#1 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

So yeah, I don't know what was up with my luck with trying to get this game when it was new, but I was doomed to not play it back then.  I bought two copies of it used off of amazon (I think it was amazon?) and both were too scratched to work, I never found it new online, in a store or anything... I wanted to play it so bad.  Anyways, I just bought it on steam--and holy shit!  The saber combat is amazingly fun.  It's so fun to just use as a big saber duel sandbox.  Upgrading with console commands to max level and then summoning other saber-wielding enemies to fight is just so amazingly fun.  Anyways, did you dudes like this game?  A new one should be made!

#2 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I loved this game... but I don't know if it will hold up.

#3 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

Bro that was like, my favorite game ever my freshman year of high school.  I was all in a clan and everything...serious stuff I know.

#4 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

This game was great.

#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@GlenTennis: The level design... definitely screams early 2000s.  Pretty confusing and easy to get lost even on the first level.  Though maybe it's just because I kind of broke the game being able to jump to any platform right off the bat or something...  Funny thing is I don't even care!  It's just so much fun to summon and duel a shit-load of other saber-wielding guys that that is probably what most of my time with this game will consist of.
#6 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@davissc9 said:
Bro that was like, my favorite game ever my freshman year of high school.  I was all in a clan and everything...serious stuff I know.
I didn't even know this game had multiplayer before I downloaded it - I played a bot match and it definitely seems like the multiplayer would have been a hell of a lot of fun back in the day.  (Still had a lot of fun just skirmishing with the bots)
#7 Posted by me3639 (1857 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

I loved this game... but I don't know if it will hold up.

Agree.

#8 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -
@xobballox: dueling is the shit man...or was at least
#9 Posted by L1GHTN1N (553 posts) -

That was my first major online game. I used to come home from school and just play the hell out of it. I never got into a clan or anything but I did get a few invites from the servers I played on, haven't played an online game that much (or that good) since. Oh memories...  

Single player is also pretty good, easily one of the best Star Wars games out there.

#10 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

This game was so awesome.  Even before I got it I played the demo non-stop.  I would get to the lightsaber duel part, and then suicide afterwards and do it over again.  And the multiplayer was amazing.

#11 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

A really great game back when Raven was still making great games.

#12 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

reach level 3 and tell me how you feel about the snipers.

*also playing this game again reminds me how far we've come in tern of in-game animation*

#13 Posted by TekZero (2692 posts) -

You have to get the realistic saber mod.  It gives you the ability to chop off heads, legs, and arms.  

Also, the multiplayer for that was awesome back in the day. 

#14 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@TekZero: g_saberrealisticcombat 1?  I love that :D  So satisfying when you chop a Reborn in half and it goes into slow-mo.  Unless you mean an actual mod I need to download?
#15 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Stil one of my all time favorites. Jedi Academy was still great but I didn't like it as much. Also, it didn't have the realistic lightsaber fighting command that Outcast did. You can chop off fools limbs=D

#16 Posted by TekZero (2692 posts) -
@xobballox said:
@TekZero: g_saberrealisticcombat 1?  I love that :D  So satisfying when you chop a Reborn in half and it goes into slow-mo.  Unless you mean an actual mod I need to download?
Actual mod.  If I remember correctly, you can cut off limbs just by brushing up against people. 
#17 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@TekZero: I did that to some storm troopers, so maybe it's the same thing just you don't have to use console commands?
#18 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Seriously best game ever, i played this game WAY TO MUCH

I even played the gamecube version which was ok at best

The PC version with the mods = amazing.

#19 Posted by Brendan (8174 posts) -

This is one of my favourite games of all time (it's on my list!) and I have played it over a dozen times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.