Does anyone still play?

#1 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

This game is getting on a bit now but the multiplayer community is still pretty large, plus with mods like Movie Battles the multiplayer still has a lot of life left in it. My friends have decided to make a clan for some reason so I still go on from time to time, they haven't actually made it yet so I've just been going around random servers with different names. The roleplaying servers are quite funny though, people seem to take it pretty seriously at times!

#2 Posted by tariqari (430 posts) -

I still play. Only Moviebattles though, some times SP if Im super bored.

#3 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

This game is too dated now, didn't have the community feel like Jedi Outcast.  Can't wait for JKIII.

#4 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Yeah, when ever they feel like making it. Hopefully the multiplayer will remain the same.

#5 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

I hopped on the XBL version today, and there are still rooms running. Like 10-15 people, but it's more than I expected. Even had a couple Siege games running oO

#6 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -
#7 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Nobility said:
"This game is too dated now, didn't have the community feel like Jedi Outcast.  Can't wait for JKIII."

Did they announce a JKIII or are you just speculating?
#8 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Nobility said:
"This game is too dated now, didn't have the community feel like Jedi Outcast.  Can't wait for JKIII."

Did they announce a JKIII or are you just speculating?"
No announcement :( I imagine Force Unleashed is the closest we'll be getting, but that has no multi-player.
#9 Edited by Zergvasion (43 posts) -
Lies said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Nobility said:

No announcement :( I imagine Force Unleashed is the closest we'll be getting, but that has no multi-player."
Will there be a multiplayer mode?
There will be a multiplayer component to the game. The Wii version will feature a dueling mode and the PSP version will allow you to play with up to 3 other players. No info on the other versions is available yet.
Link

I'm sorry, you were saying?
"No info available yet" = "No."?
#10 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

man you just reminded me of this.. I haven't touched it in years, I honestly may install it again, if I can find it, I loved this game.

#11 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -
Zergvasion said:
"Lies said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Nobility said:

No announcement :( I imagine Force Unleashed is the closest we'll be getting, but that has no multi-player."
Will there be a multiplayer mode?
There will be a multiplayer component to the game. The Wii version will feature a dueling mode and the PSP version will allow you to play with up to 3 other players. No info on the other versions is available yet.
Link

I'm sorry, you were saying?
"No info available yet" = "No."?"
The 360 and PS3 versions definitely don't have multiplayer, which is what he was most probably referring to.
#12 Posted by ParisRobot (29 posts) -
pause422 said:
"man you just reminded me of this.. I haven't touched it in years, I honestly may install it again, if I can find it, I loved this game."
Agreed. This was my favorite game for the PC back in the day. I downloaded a ton of single player and character mods. lol I remember playing as Darth Vader and binding one of the keys so that whenever i pressed it a storm trooper would spawn. I felt so badass.
#13 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

My friend keeps talking about this game telling me how great it is.

#14 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

have not played this in a long time. awesome game though, best star wars game and best representation of a light saber in a game, period.
never had decent internet when i played it so never experienced the multiplayer aspect

#15 Posted by AnTiPRO (93 posts) -

I used to play all the time on the Xbox, but I haven't been on in years nor will I ever be back lol.

#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

I can only imagine how superior the PC version is to the Xbox version, the version I own. 

For shame.  I liked Jedi Academy, but it had a lot of problems.  And the multiplayer never felt right.  Too much trigger-holding and analog-flailing.

#17 Edited by Master_OrHan (5 posts) -

I love this game and will always play online.  My avatar is a screenshot of the HS Anakin mod for Jedi Academy.

#18 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

really ?

#19 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I used to play this game, but, no, I have not touched this game in about 3-4 years.

#20 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I forgot this game even existed,

#21 Posted by Brendan (7690 posts) -
Nobility said:

ITS COMING OUT?!?!?! WHEN!?!?!?!??! Sorry.  Please give more details.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.