Steam Star Wars Sale

#1 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Alliteration!

So, I bought the Star Wars Jedi Knight bundle back in November, and I'm thinking of diving in. Chances are, though, that they've aged terribly and I was looking for a little input.

Is there any need to play them in order (...and what is the order)? If not, which is the best and is it worthwhile just ditching some.

Don't judge me - I'm deathly hungover and have a hankering for some old-school action.
#2 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I only played Jedi Academy. It was a lot of fun, the combat was surprisingly good and the graphics were fine. Dismembering Stormtroopers was fun and the story was interesting for the most part. I do not know about the others though.

#3 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Does that bundle include the Dark Forces games? If that's the case the order is:

-Dark Forces
-Dark Forces II
-Jedi Knight II: Outcast
-Jedi Knight II: Academy

It is very much worth it to go through them in order in my opinion, although the first two haven't aged as well as the second two.
#4 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Rattle618: Yeah, it does. Thanks a lot, man. I'll just install them all just now then.

I've heard a lot of good things about Jedi Academy, just have to work my way there first :)
#5 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

Can't see this on the UK page - at least not advertised prominently ala the ARMA sale.

#6 Posted by EnchantedEcho (739 posts) -

I decided to boot up Jedi Outcast's multiplayer. People are still playing that game, don't get me wrong it's a great game but it's realllyyy old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.