Desperately needs a new game.

#1 Posted by GeoffPeterson1 (38 posts) -

I think almost everyone can agree that Star Wars games have hit a rough patch recently, force unleashed brought some interesting things to the table but fell a bit short. And I don't think I need to mention Star Wars Kinect. This franchise had great combat good writing Impressive voice work. and was just as immersive as any Kotor or Battlefront game. Jedi Knight joins the long list of video game franchises that just disappeared but really shouldn't have. The Star Wars license has so much potential and with today's tech Lucas Arts could make a kick ass Jedi Knight game.

Or they could just make Jar Jar Binks teaches Phonics.............

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I just bought Star Wars the Old Republic for that half off sale they had. And its not bad, even though it is an mmo. I dont mind it as much as something like wow, which gets on my nerves because all you do is look at the highlighted text. The problem I do have with Kotar is that you cant relate to your character, so you dont have sympathy for it.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I have fond memories of Jedi Academy multiplayer.

#4 Edited by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (and Mysteries of the Sith to a lesser degree) on the MSN Gaming Zone was BAD ASS.

#5 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Dark Forces II yiiiieaahhh. 
That game is one of the reasons why I laugh anytime someone says a shitty game like Rogue Squadron is the best Star Wars game. 

#6 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

Jedi Knight : Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy where also great because they had Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in them and it was a neat way to continue the story of the movies too.

EDIT: He isn't credited in these games? I swear he was in at least Jedi Academy!!! I remember from the early trainning missions on Yavin!

#7 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

@Jams: Pretty sure it was a damn good voice impersonator doing Luke Skywalker in those games.

#8 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Imma say it was alright. But i don't think it needs a sequel.

#9 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Agreed, make a lightsaber based game and do it right

#10 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Lucasarts is currently too fucked up to make anything worth playing.

#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4701 posts) -

I want a REAL KOTAR sequel. Fuck those games were so damn good. But Jedi knight was pretty damn awesome too.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Jedi Academy is probably the best star wars game

#13 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

star wars battlefront, i had so much hope when i saw that leaked teaser trailer for battlefront 3

#14 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

I remember the first time I Force Choked a stormtrooper, only to use Lightsaber Throw and fuck his world up.

"Get behind him!"

#15 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

Yes. Hell yes. That was a great series, what are you waiting for lucasarts?

#16 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (686 posts) -

I've been saying this for years. The mod community is fucking fantastic for Academy. I just don't know how current-day Lucasarts could produce another winner.

#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

A Jedi Knight game with physics like Force Unleashed could be incredible. Why wasn't that whole game just force choking wookies through tree's?

#18 Posted by MrSlapHappy (182 posts) -

After putting more than my fair share of time into Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast I was disappointed in Jedi Academy. I got a very strong iterative feel without much of the charm of the previous games. I did like the ability to customize a character at the start but ultimately, it just didn't stand up to the others for me. Based on the current track record of Star Wars games, I would rather this one stayed buried for a bit longer until somebody who wants to make a cool game instead of just a cash-in joins up with Lucasarts.

#19 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

HELL FUCKING YES

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.