Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 06, 2004

With the Jedi nearly extinct, the galaxy is on the verge of falling into complete anarchy. As an exiled Jedi Knight regaining the Force, you must choose your path: help restore the Jedi Order, or embrace the dark side.

I wish this game came to Steam

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RVonE

While I already own this game for the PC, somehow I really want this to be part of my Steam library. Is that weird?

Do you guys think it'll ever come to Steam?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

neverwinter nights 2 came to steam

don't lose hope!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

Actually wouldn't mind if this game came to steam either.  I played the first one but never bought the second one.

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Malphye

Hope so. I'am not going to pay over 20.00+ or whatever high price resellers are asking for the xbox version. 

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

Hm, I was actually just thinking about KOTOR2 before.I've heard it's nowhere near as good as the first, but if it were on Steam for cheap I'd probably pick it up.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Animasta
    @BeachThunder said:
    " Hm, I was actually just thinking about KOTOR2 before.I've heard it's nowhere near as good as the first, but if it were on Steam for cheap I'd probably pick it up. "
    those people are lying, with the cut content patch it's easily twice the game KOTOR 1 is
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By RVonE
    @BeachThunder said:
    "

Hm, I was actually just thinking about KOTOR2 before.I've heard it's nowhere near as good as the first, but if it were on Steam for cheap I'd probably pick it up.

"

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed KOTOR, but I loved KOTOR2 even without all the content people added later. Sure, the ending feels rushed and there is a lot of stuff that's busted in KOTOR2, but I think the characters are more interesting--especially the Exile (main character)--and I think the overall atmosphere and locations are more interesting. Again, that's without all the content people modded in later.
    Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle
    @RVonE said:
    @BeachThunder said:
    "

"
    I'll be honest, I really enjoyed KOTOR, but I loved KOTOR2 even without all the content people added later. Sure, the ending feels rushed and there is a lot of stuff that's busted in KOTOR2, but I think the characters are more interesting--especially the Exile (main character)--and I think the overall atmosphere and locations are more interesting. Again, that's without all the content people modded in later.
    I absolutely agree. The (much darker) atmosphere of KOTOR II was downright chilling. You truly felt isolated when playing that game. 
    Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Heltom92

Loved KOTOR but couldn't get into the sequel, I just found it really boring. Perhaps I'll try it again.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Red

Anyone hear anything new about this? My disc copy of KotOR 2 is pretty messed up, and I really want to check out the added content, especially after recently replaying KotOR. I mean, Obsidian games are on Steam, LucasArts Games are on Steam, and the original KotOR is on Steam...why not KotOR 2? 

Are there any other means of (legally) downloading KotOR 2 that people know of?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MachoFantastico

I was thinking that recently, thought it might be due to it being an Obsidian Entertainment game but remembered that LucasArts own the rights so guess it's a case of them not wanting to spend the time making sure it would work on Steam and modern PC's.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SamStrife

People prefer the Exile to Revan....I'm lost for words.

KOTOR 2 is what every Obsidian sequel ever has and will be, a broken mess which adds some neat ideas to the franchise but is ultimately ruined by technical issues. The fact that they couldn't even finish the game speaks for itself.

That being said, it's still an amazing game, thanks mainly to the universe and mechanics Bioware created for them. It's the best Obsidian game by a long shot and if you use all the fan-restored cut content you'll have a very good time indeed.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

I own this game. I've tried to play it twice on my PC, but I never can get past the first part or station that you're on. Does it get better?

Oh man, old thread, oh well.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red
    @Claude: Yes. Yes it does. There are some really great locations and characters in the game, and, the more powerful you get, the more fun it becomes. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

@Red said:

@Claude: Yes. Yes it does. There are some really great locations and characters in the game, and, the more powerful you get, the more fun it becomes.

It's got me thinking. The box with disks is right here. A little spark could light a fire. Maybe.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Barrock

Me too. My girlfriend really wants to play the second. She'd prefer the Xbox but used copies are super expensive for some reason. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Laketown said:
    @BeachThunder said:
    " Hm, I was actually just thinking about KOTOR2 before.I've heard it's nowhere near as good as the first, but if it were on Steam for cheap I'd probably pick it up. "
    those people are lying, with the cut content patch it's easily twice the game KOTOR 1 is
    I wouldn't go that far but yes it is definitely a better experience with the patch than without.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Maybe it will? Probably closer to The Old Republic release. Or.. way after.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By ReyGitano

I would like to have it on the same platform as KOTOR, so yes.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

KOTOR2 was bad.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#21  Edited By BeachThunder

Sigh, should I just pick up a physical copy of this online? I really don't think I can be bothered waiting out for this to appear on Steam.

perdido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By perdido

Your Wish has come true, this game is now available on Steam as of today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.