how long is KOTOR

#1 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

how long is it if you do everything?

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I'd say 30 hours.  KotOR 2 is probably about 40.

#3 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

If you do everything, you could be looking at about 50-60 hours. I think I spent 60 hours in my first playthrough, and about 40 in the 2nd playthrough, and 35 in the final one.

#4 Edited by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

The first one for me was like 30-odd hours and I did everything.... everything worth doing... like purple lightsaber crystals.

#5 Posted by Vehemont (5 posts) -

It took me just over 37 hrs to beat it and I certainly did not rush through it...

#6 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

@EvilTwin said:

I'd say 30 hours. KotOR 2 is probably about 40.

Oh man, I miss the times when we used to measure the length of an RPG by days.

#7 Posted by Canarith (6 posts) -

The first time I picked up this game, I got to the Star Forge(the final area of the game), deck 2(right before the Command Deck, which is one deck from the end) in 32 hours. This included doing some of the fun sundry quests like the Bounty Hunter quests(well most of them, and several of the other side quests. It also included the fact that I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning with the interface, etc, lol.

#8 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

First time took me about 42-43 hours to beat, doing just about everything. It's no short game.

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

I'd say 30 hours, upwards of 50 if you do all the side stuff.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11697 posts) -

Steam tells me that I took 86 hours o_o

BTW, this is a good site for checking game times.

#11 Posted by rmanthorp (3875 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

If you do everything, you could be looking at about 50-60 hours. I think I spent 60 hours in my first playthrough, and about 40 in the 2nd playthrough, and 35 in the final one.

Posted over a year ago. Edited 18 minutes ago. I always do that with rezzed threads. :P

#12 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

The first one for me was like 30-odd hours and I did everything.... everything worth doing... like purple lightsaber crystals.

worth it. As well as orange ones

#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

@manthorp said:

@TheGreatGuero said:

Posted over a year ago. Edited 18 minutes ago. I always do that with rezzed threads. :P

Ha. Well, somebody brought this back up and I saw I had a typo! Good eye, sir!

#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

BTW, this is a good site for checking game times.

cheers!

#15 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Purple lightsabers are still worth getting as far as I'm concerned.

#16 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I beat it in 27 hours my first play through.

#17 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

@Benny said:

@rjayb89 said:

Wait, there was orange lightsaber crystals in KOTOR??

#18 Posted by Canarith (6 posts) -

Yah, apologize for rezzing a dead thread. I just joined the site and that was on the first page. Didn't realize it was so long ago that it was posted, lol. My bad.

#19 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

@Kyle: Might have been only the PC version, but definitely yes

#20 Posted by adoggz (2042 posts) -

@Canarith said:

Yah, apologize for rezzing a dead thread. I just joined the site and that was on the first page. Didn't realize it was so long ago that it was posted, lol. My bad.

dont worry bout it. someone else may have been curious and now they know.

#21 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

@Canarith: As long as it was a post that addresses the thread with actual content, you have nothing to worry about.

#22 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I remember being at 24-26 hrs near the end.

#23 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

30 hours about

@Kyle said:

@Benny said:

@rjayb89 said:

Wait, there was orange lightsaber crystals in KOTOR??

yes there was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.